ORwarriOR- we have a date!!

I guess there is going to be a regular audio CD (hopefully ~79 minutes ;) ), a Deluxe Edition - a true gift for devoted fans like us (the CD plus a DVD of video recordings from studio), and Yossi mentioned there might be alternative/instrumental versions of some songs available for download at the official web page.

I also told the guys that some of us were craving for a 5.1 version and a vinyl release.

Finally, there might be bonus songs like Estarabim (could be included in the album as well) and the "Sapari" single.

Yossi and Uri are Muslims praying like Jews with a Jewish prayer book.
Avi and Matti are Jews praying like Muslims.
This mix between the two is the allegory here. "Our Muslims fans sing in hebrew, and our Jewish fans sing in arabic" -Kobi

@ Yannick
That makes perfect sense, never would have thought of that.

Kudos to the photographer/make-up artist, some brilliant work that is.

It's stunning:

If anyone had any questions about what OL was all about after Mabool hit the stores, i.e., if some poor sap (cf. one Amazon review) is still walking around grumbling about "Christian Metal" o_O Hmmm...I believe that s/he will see the light and cease grumbling! Well, one can always find something to criticize and some peeps are indeed dumber than dirt. But, hooboy, the Unity message/hope/request/etc. that infuses the band's music leaps right out of that creative pic. Needless to say, there will be those angered by said message. Divided they will fall.

Wow, though, I'm amazed at the ignorance of some people right here, in the great enlightened State of Missouri :lol:. Nah, it's not particularly amusing, bleepin' ignorance, as it's usually at the root of most antisocial ugliness. Anyhow, I showed Uri's Triangle of the Three to a few local dudes, b/c they'd claimed that they were interested in "folk," uh, metal. I figured I'd show them what some folks they'd never meet in these backwoods were up to :Smug:

Well, maybe it's something in the local water or just a poor sample of human subjects from a challenged gene-pool, but none of 'em got it. Maybe near-sighted? Nah, I made 'em look real close. But it seems that there were too many "distracting" visual stimuli for these three geniuses to process. They even missed the cross. Pure overload of compromised frontal-lobes....

I am going to use (if I have permission) the promo-shot as a Guide for the Perplexed wherever my musical- or other -travels take me. I'd say that anyone with an IQ above 40 will at least understand the overall message. In the meanwhile, please enjoy your "Christian Metal.":headbang: Or "Muslim Metal." :headbang: Or "Jewish Metal." :headbang:

This band is absolutely stellar, but y'all know that. I've fallen asleep listening to some death growls from Hades in other albums, but there's so much richness of expression in Mabool, such creativity, kicka** tunes, so many interesting instruments in addition to the rock gear, and the choirs, and the vocals, and the various languages.... Don't worry; I'm done. Soon I'll be groovin'-not-sleepin' to the new release.

See y'all. No, really!

FS

I guess there is going to be a regular audio CD (hopefully ~79 minutes ;) ), a Deluxe Edition - a true gift for devoted fans like us (the CD plus a DVD of video recordings from studio), and Yossi mentioned there might be alternative/instrumental versions of some songs available for download at the official web page.

I also told the guys that some of us were craving for a 5.1 version and a vinyl release.

Finally, there might be bonus songs like Estarabim (could be included in the album as well) and the "Sapari" single.

Thanks, you're right, we're in for the deluxe and hopefully a digi one!:)

Whatever the tracklisting will be, the regular jewlcase CD and a limited/deluxe version of the album are for sure. I'm also hoping for a box cd with some more extras or something and a "must to be" vinyl release.

Coming out of the noob closet, this is something I haven't really known as I haven't realy seen any. Are vinyl's actually used? or just novelty?

Vinyl seems to be making a comeback. I'm not touching it, because it will mess me up beyond repair. See, I had a mint collection of around 1,000 records I lugged around everywhere, back when nobody was manufacturing anything save CDs.

And then reality struck like the Hammer of Thor, may he croak. :confused:

So I had to sell all of those records. Once "things" became manageable, I replaced everything I wished with CDs and that's it.

But I'm staying with CDs, which some consider an anachronism, too. Well, may they live long and sorta prosper. I can't stand the compressed sound of downloads, no matter how "good" they are. Plus, the CD's like a little record album. :) It's round (am I brilliant or what); it's accompanied with interesting material to read; it's tangible and too much today is virtual.

I don't miss the terror, the trepidation, lest I scratch the record I had on my turntable. CDs are very resilient. I like 'em. :devil:

Audio CDs gonna last for 20 years maximum, while vinyls are "eternal".

Speaking about "digitalized" audio formats, check this out:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_Lossless_Audio_Codec
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monkey's_Audio

Songs encoded into these sound formats are not compressed in any way, the sound frequencies are identical to your CDs or vinyls. You can take the most accurate audio analysis software like Tau Analyzer, and it won't detect any differences between the original CD frequencies and .flac or .ape files.

And CDs and DVDs and vinyls end up in plastic garbage after all :(

*an off topic* check this out: the amount of garbage an average person produces during her lifespan
http://community.livejournal.com/art_pathologie/70318.html

Fascinating info, which I will peruse after I sleep. Been up all night, as my posts will attest. Check out my long-winded ones in the "getting to know the noobs" thread for some fun (semi-guaranteed). Well, I'm no sound-engineer. There are many variables that enter the blender of digital music, and I cannot say I'm aware of most.

However, given the cognitive dissonance foisted upon me by having to sell 1,000 vinyl (mint, darn it) records (+/-), it follows that I will stick to my CD collection and find every reason in the world to fiercely defend my choice, regardless of how ridiculous that reason may be. :Smokedev:

Pondering in hindsight, its 8 15 PM for me right now, you've been posting since my morning. You stay on the other side of the globe. So my great reasoning skills deduce that you've been up all night eh ?!

Ananth,

Don't rag on your reasoning skills: They are great indeed!

Yeah, I was up all night, dealing with this and that, ya know. So I was able to break up my monotony by virtually hangin' out with Orphans like you. It was a blast, and really, like nothing I've done before online. People here, so far, are very real. It's almost as if they're in the room. So why the heck not? With that said, I have to complete a report tonight and mail it in bright and early (my bleeding time), so I won't have the pleasure of exchanging words of immense wisdom and insight :devil::Smokedev: with y'all, much to many peeps' relief, it's okay to admit it.

See? Nice n' short. Gotta hustle...I don't like Mondays but they're a fact of life.

Rock on,

FS

I think that a vinyl release has become a collectors item nowadays. As a collector of the specific band, i would really love a vinyl release of the new album!:)

There is a new photo album on the Disciples: the making of the band photo
Some shots:
http://www.orphaned-disciples.org/site/lang/en/photo-galleries/?album=1&gallery=5
12141_180011588035_8776213035_3043522_1171158_n.jpg

12141_180011598035_8776213035_3043523_2387348_n.jpg

12141_180011603035_8776213035_3043524_7211386_n.jpg

Great pics :)

Is Jesus involved in the concept of the new album?

Hi to all. I'm new here. I always entered here to read but I never registered. My name is Dario, I'm 27 years old, I'm from Argentina and I love Orphaned Land music and as like you I'm waiting the released of this new album for a long time. I'm a great Opeth and King Crimson fan (I have the O tatto on my left shoulder and the Discipline symbol tattoo on my right shoulder), I'm a free lance websites designer and I love this emoticon: :OMG:

Thats it :)

I can't wait to hear the new album :)

Great pics :)

Is Jesus involved in the concept of the new album?

Hi to all. I'm new here. I always entered here to read but I never registered. My name is Dario, I'm 27 years old, I'm from Argentina and I love Orphaned Land music and as like you I'm waiting the released of this new album for a long time. I'm a great Opeth and King Crimson fan (I have the O tatto on my left shoulder and the Discipline symbol tattoo on my right shoulder), I'm a free lance websites designer and I love this emoticon: :OMG:

Thats it :)

I can't wait to hear the new album :)

Welcome Dario :D

Since the underlying theme of the band in general, reconcilliation and making amends for what has been happening in that volatile area for centuries with specific reference to the three Abrahamic or Monotheistic religions, Jesus is inevitably a part of the concept. But in a direct fashion, I don't think so.