OT: A serious question to all the Megadeth Fans

Oct 5, 2003
Visit site
Seriously what has Megadeth put out that has been good since Rust In Peace? I mean Countdown to Extinction had a few decent moments but definetely a comercial sounding album, you hear Symphony of Destruction at baseball games. Other than that what have they done that is good? The new album is average at best and that Risk was garbage. I guess I just don't get it.

They need to bring back Friedman then maybe they could do another sic album

The new Megadeth album The System Has Failed, is pretty damn good. I think Anthrax's albums have gotten better as the years went on. I'm an old schooler and fell in love with Anthrax when Among first came out, but State and Persistence don't hold a candle to SOWN, Volume 8, Stomp, or WCFYA. I dig the old stuff, but I can listen to any of the Bush albums over and over, especially Vol. 8, I can't do that with the older stuff.

Thraxgirlie said:
dont get me wrong, i prefer the bush-era stuff...
but im just referring to the bands popularity or whatever you want to call it, overall...

If you look at it that way there aren't really any metal bands that are as popular as they used to be, but that doesn't mean they haven't put out good music since their peak. Shit, most of the bands have put out better material in recent years than the years before. Especially if you compare it to alot of the crappy so called metal bands that have come out in the last few years. I'm not that old, but sometimes I feel like it when I hear the shit on the radio that kids are into nowadays. It's either weird stupid shit or just screaming or both,(System Of A Down), to me it sucks and I can't figure out why people like it, but that's just my opinion.

We only ban ppl here if they say ridiculous shit like that cunt who asked if I molest my son.

This isn't the 'Deth boards where anything non conformist w/ the lead singers views gets you banned.

So, you're good.

Thraxgirlie said:
i was just trying to point out that megadeth isnt the only band that has been slipping lately...
not that anthrax is....
ah shit, im gonna get myself banned...
*hides*

You're not gonna get banned for that. Shit, compared to what alot of people have been saying on here that's not bad in any way, shape, or form. I understand what you're saying, and I agree, true metal just isn't popular anymore, but who cares?? I like it, you like it, who cares if they're playing to 50 people or 50,000?? Still blows away the "nu-metal" shit.

ironmaidenfan09 said:
Seriously what has Megadeth put out that has been good since Rust In Peace? I mean Countdown to Extinction had a few decent moments but definetely a comercial sounding album, you hear Symphony of Destruction at baseball games. Other than that what have they done that is good? The new album is average at best and that Risk was garbage. I guess I just don't get it.

I think that Megadeth is one of the most consistantly thought-provoking and intelligent metal bands out there...and to answer your question directly, I think that Youthanasia, Countdown to Extinction, and the new album, The System Has Failed, are ALL excellent. What I love about the band is that their lyrics are well-written and deal with modern-day problems...not just some cheesy shockers inspired by some Satanic-like dreams or ruminating about medieval times. The riffs are ALWAYS incredible, and the music always grabs your attention and holds it. Along with Anthrax -- another intelligent metal band -- they are the kings of the thrash !

But then again....this is coming from someone who considers Iron Maiden to be the schlockiest, dumbest, most overrated metal band of all time...

Thraxgirlie said:
ive never been to the megadeth board...
i hear its pretty brutal....

Just don't go there for fun, light hearted conversation.

This board has been a nice lil corner o' cyberspace for many of us for a while..after the reunion crap blows over it'll be back to threads about anal sex, penis pumps, Billy Milano, current movies and such as.

Yeah we discussed anthrax, but we also talked over many other non important things. The best way to descibe this board is "loosey goosey".

BTW, welcome:wave:

ironmaidenfan09 said:

I think all of the albums except Risk were at least "good." (Ok, I didn't care a whole lot for TWNAH either, but it had some good songs.) I don't think anything has topped RIP. Lots of individual songs were classics though. "She-wolf" from Rude Awakening is just simply awesome.

Thraxgirlie said:
whats the ratio?
in never saw many girls at the shows i went to, then again, i was in the pit...

I'm not good w/ numbers.:erk:

Thers more than a few. The pit huh? My g/f used to work the barricade - and she's 5 ft 1 145lbs.....could u take her in a Queeensbury rules streetfight?

Thraxgirlie said:
while she trys, ill grab her by the back of the head and slam her face into my knee..

tada, broken nose and possibly knocked out....

She's mexican, so her 20 cousins pull up in a lowrider dually and they're lookin' for sum revenge, yo.

I think mustaine is insane. I'm not sure when he lost his mind but i almost think he's been crazy forever it just keeps getting worse. and why are so many of his songs about cyborgs? and this constant crying about being betrayed by his bitches. this is metal we don't sing about how sad we are that we got dumped, we sing about how she used to love me but i had to kill her or how she got hit by a truck. I'm not saying the man isn't talented as hell but the shit that comes out of his mouth is just weird.

Thraxgirlie said:
a lowrider dually?
you really are from georgia...
haha...
im from cali, ill stop by south central and pick up a few homies...

shit, im starting to sound like a wigger..
haha

My ex-wife is from Cali...I have no fear of any souf central homeses after bein' carjacked that one time in Big Bear.

Yeah, I'm from Ga. I even have southern drawl in my typin'.:D

I think that the metal scene plateaued around 93-as far as sales go, muscially, as greg said before, is up to the individual.

There are a few post RIP Megadeth songs I like, I think Youth was an excellent album-little over produced but still excellent