OT: Who gets the last word?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, but on the bright side, we've had the pleasure of listening to our favorite bands for many moons. Not like these younger fans who didn't get into, say Anthrax, until Bush was in the group. Not that I am bagging on younger fans by any means. New blood is needed to keep bands going. I watched Headbangers Ball this week and Iron Maiden were special guests. They played a shitload of Maiden tunes. Our oldest is 13. He liked the video for "Wildest Dreams" so he wanted to listen to the Dance of Death CD yesterday. He decided it is really good. Now I need to let him hear Piece of Mind and Powerslave and show him the masterpieces that those are. He likes Linkin Park. Maybe Maiden can be his gateway to real metal.

Scott

SCott308 said:
Yeah, but on the bright side, we've had the pleasure of listening to our favorite bands for many moons. Not like these younger fans who didn't get into, say Anthrax, until Bush was in the group. Not that I am bagging on younger fans by any means. New blood is needed to keep bands going. I watched Headbangers Ball this week and Iron Maiden were special guests. They played a shitload of Maiden tunes. Our oldest is 13. He liked the video for "Wildest Dreams" so he wanted to listen to the Dance of Death CD yesterday. He decided it is really good. Now I need to let him hear Piece of Mind and Powerslave and show him the masterpieces that those are. He likes Linkin Park. Maybe Maiden can be his gateway to real metal.

Scott
If he likes Linkin Park. It's cool because its his generation. Gotta give new bands a chance. If we didn't we might still be cranking KISS and not Anthrax. I love when my son cranks thrax with me. He got into the Trip Thru Red Times DVD with me and he's like play Reign of Fire. Another generation rocking on.

If you want to use Linkin Park as a bridge to old school, listen to their song In the End and tell him when the singer not rapper gets mello he sounds like Geddy Lee. The first time I heard the song I thought Geddy was doing a guest appearance thing.

SCott308 said:

Scott
On the other hand, they have so many great album to discover. Will anything ever top the first five Maiden albums? (sure Maiden has some songs that may top earlier stuff, but not five albums in a row)

Status
Not open for further replies.