OT: Who gets the last word?

Status
Not open for further replies.
nafnikufesin said:
I miss Dwayne Roloson, and so will the Oilers.
They just need to not let up and pick each other up, when the goalie can't clear the defensemen should be there to bail him out. The Oilers can do it. :headbang:

Roloson hasn't needed to be spectacular in the playoffs, but he hasn't really let in any soft ones either. Both Conklin and Markkanen have a history of inconsistency and letting in some soft ones. The Oilers got here on great team play, and if they keep that up, they can still pull it off. But Roloson's confidence has allowed the team to play with confidence, so the big question will be if they can maintain thier confidence. If whoever starts in net for the Oilers tonight (and I'm praying its Markkanen) comes up with a couple big saves early to keep up his and team's confidence, then we've got a great series on our hands. However, a soft goal or two early (like the ultimate soft goal that Conklin coughed up to screw up game 1) could mean this series ends in 4.

Yup, not looking good. That's gonna kill any confidence we still had left. We've come from down 2-0 against a better team already in these playoffs (the Sharks), but given everything that has happened, MacT has to be a miracle worker to turn this team and series around by Saturday.

MyHatred said:
Did you see Rescue Me last night, Brat? Damn good episode!!!! I won't talk about it just in case you Tivo'ed it and haven't watched the episode yet. There also was commercial for the new season of the The Shield too!!:) It also said "coming soon":kickass: . I am crossing my fingers that it will be back on by the end of the summer or at the latest, early fall. The suspense is killing me:lol: ....

Well, I hate to break it to you, but the Sheild won't be back before January. It never is. And sometimes, they say January and then sometime in December they change it to March. I figure I'll be watching The Shield and The Sopranos about the same time next year.

You have to keep in mind, Nip/Tuck is coming back in September, Over There is due anytime, and FX doesn't like to run everything all together.

I did miss Rescue Me, I totally forgot to DVR it but it will be replayed this weekend about 8 times so I'll catch it then. I was so proud of myself for remembering to get Deadliest Catch for my husband that I forgot about Rescue Me. Oh well. Good old FX and their need to fill up airtime with old shit has finally come in handy for once.

bRaTpRiNcEsS said:
Well, I hate to break it to you, but the Sheild won't be back before January.
:cry:

bRaTpRiNcEsS said:
You have to keep in mind, Nip/Tuck is coming back in September, Over There is due anytime, and FX doesn't like to run everything all together.

"Over There" got dropped. Pisses me off too because that was another show I liked.

Actually, the Sopranos is definately on for the fall, rather than the spring like this year. It will be a short season (actually "season 6 part 2") of only 8 episodes, but its already been filmed. Unless anything major changes (i.e. big dollars thrown at the producers and actors), it will be the conclusion of the series, but judging by how the quality of the show has really dipped in season 5 & 6, it's best to quit now while they still have a chance to go out with a bang.

Yeah, it is a funny show. I am probably sounding like an FX whore because I watch most of the series they put out. Well, except Nip/Tuck because I could give a shit about rich people and their plastic surgeons.

You know what I always get sucked into watching? Those fat people shows on the discovery channel. Ya know, like "Half-ton Man", "750lb Man", and "627lb Woman". I don't know why, but I can't turn away. Maybe because I can't get over how a person can get that fat. It's like a car wreck, I need to look.

Riehlthing said:
world cup? people watch that?

don't watch tv too much. have dvds for my laptop for my truck. have titus seasons in there now.
Me and Ken I thirsty like NFF :kickass: :kickass:

What's up? When are you going to be on Trick My Truck?

Status
Not open for further replies.