Other Favorite Bands Besides our #1 Opeth =)

^the singer of Dream Theater is what pisses me off. He sucks and they need to get someone living in this era and not the 80s.

I agree. Although I don't think it's LaBrie's style that bothers me, but rather the timbre of his voice. He's tolerable on the albums, but live he's just awful. And of course there's the arrogance factor. The keyboard player seems like the only one in the band who can accept that his shit can stink.

#1 - Opeth (of course)

then in no order
Agalloch
bloodbath
At the Gates
Emperor
Katatonia
Daylight Dies
many more but the above is what ive been listening to heavily lately.

I would kill some dead babies to see them live, but they aren't coming anywhere close to the southeast. Fucking bible belt ruining my chances to see one of the greatest death metal bands ever.

wow that sucks, im catching them july 14 in San Antonio! :headbang: I head bang twice as hard for you bro.

1. Pain of Salvation
2. Porcupine Tree
3. Opeth
4. King Crimson
5. Yes
6. Pink Floyd
7. Everything else

I can never decide on a orderly list of favourite bands after Opeth but here's many bands I appreciate:

Scar Symmetry
Soilwork
Iron Maiden
Metallica
Dark Tranquillity
Katatonia
Bloodbath
Amon Amarth
Porcupine Tree
Pink Floyd
Riverside
Arch Enemy
Megadeth
Judas Priest
Anathema
Turisas
Nightwish
Korpiklaani
Radiohead
Within Temptation
Muse
My Dying Bride
Children Of Bodom
Morbid Angel

As you can see I have a bit of variety within my musical tastes

any1 hear of daylight dies...most underrated band ever...their music is amazing...one of the best to come out of the us

any1 hear of daylight dies...most underrated band ever...their music is amazing...one of the best to come out of the us

i have heard them a little bit, i'm gonna listen more, although for now i'll say i think they're pretty special

my second would have to be agalloch, metallica(before the turds that were the 90's) bloodbath, i think that's my all time list
for black metal id say my favorite is tsjuder

not for quality, but for how emotionally they have affected me, these are my 10 favorites in no particular order:

-pearl jam
-opeth
-tori amos
-sigur rós
-the beatles
-rush
-alice in chains
-faith no more
-joni mitchell
-the doors

Let's see... it varies like most of us, but the bands/artists I simply couldn't live without besides Opeth would include:

Porcupine Tree
Pink Floyd
Frank Zappa
Rush
Testament
Dio
Savatage
Stevie Ray Vaughan
Steely Dan
Pantera
King Crimson
Queensryche (DeGarmo era)
Heart (sorry, but big ol' Ann Wilson is one of the greatest singers EVER!)
Iron Maiden
Judas Priest
3 (you've GOT to see these guys live!)
Aquarium Rescue Unit
Weather Report
Andy Timmons (most underrated guitarist on the planet)
The Cult
King's X
Gov't. Mule
The Beatles

There's a TON of other shit I love and listen to all the time, but these are the guys I'd really be pissed if I couldn't listen to anymore.

Yes, I love Daylight Dies. And thier new one absolutely kills, although I'm not supposed to have heard it yet.

Also Loving Swallow the Sun, Slumber, Omnium Gatherum, And Doom:vs (probably the most sorrowful album I've ever heard)