Overrated Thrax Trax...

Myke Havoc

Corpse W/Out Soul
Nov 29, 2004
Nashua, NH
www.facebook.com
Not to say the songs are terrible or anything, but what is that "classic" tune that you just never really got into?

To this day, I still cannot get into Indians. That's honestly the only fan-fav that never stuck with me. I Am the Law used to be like that, but it easily grew on me over time and is now one of my favorites, but there's just something about Indians...

You guys?

powerwolve said:
i have some problems with the 2 cover tunes
anti-social
and got the time
also indians is not one of my favs

same here, ive gotten kinda sick of both those songs cause they play them all the time.

I'm sure this won't feature many times in this post but Caught in a Mosh really pisses me off now. I used to love it when i was younger but now it's a definite skip on the 'Ol stereogram.

I am the Law at one - because I wanted the whole song to be fast. And bet if I listened to SOE I might take issue with some songs because the last I listened it sounded a little forced as a whole.
Belly of the Beast gets on my nerves too.
Maybe Superhero

Indians is just kind of dorky now. Got the Time doesn't sound good with Bush singing, and Bring the Noise needs to be put to rest. Bring the Noise was an amazing track when it came out, but it's just tired now.

Indians I cannot stand!! I do not know why anyone gets into it???? I used to really dislike got the time and anti-social, but I am learning to play bass so got the time is kinda fun now and anti-social has grown on me.

Alot of stuff off Volume 8 bummed me out. Not too much I like on that. Inside out, Catharsis, and Pieces are the only song I can really listen too, the rest is just to inconsistent. It is like they tried to do too much.

Also SOE is kind of a bummer. Be all, End all, and Now its Dark are the only ones I like anymore. The rest is just too, well too much. I used to really dig Who cares wins, but that got old in a hurry and I don't know why.

I pretty much like everything Thrax has to offer besides these few low points. If they could pretend they never wrote Indians, I would be hapy with that.

I am the Law
Love Intro to Reality but don't like Belly of the Beast
(In both cases I do like the GOTE versions much better, which have allowed me to give the songs second chances, but they are still some of the weaker tracks on the album)

In terms of John's stuff: Black Lodge and Safe Home. Safe Home is a definate skipper.

WOW! Lot's of classic tracks here. I'm actually suprised! I've only seen Anthrax live once, so I guess my shock is a little more understandable. I like Indians to a point. Nice song, kind-of classic. I think "Among the Living" album overall is a little over-rated (Great album, but my love is with "Spreading the Disease"). The only Anthrax song I actually hate, and I think they'll agree it's not one of their better moments, is "I'm the Man '91". I know they were pissed, but dang it, why? LOL!