Own Pictures Thread

the bassist of nevermore

Oh Jim Sheppard, I didn't know how he looked like.

ohhh thank you! :lol:
they are not always so blue :cry:
is that kind of colour that changes with the light changing...so they can be grey or green sometimes....the nicest compliment i got for my eyes was (even if the california sky thing competes with this :lol:) that i have "starry eyes", because i have a light green/yellow colour around the pupil that can be mostly seen when i'm inside or there's a weak light.
but i need to find a closer photo to explain it better....

You do have pretty eyes, quite blue for an Italian IMO. Still, since you live in the north I guess blue eyes are more common there. The colour change happens to my girl too, although she tends to have them grey most of the time.

Oh Jim Sheppard, I didn't know how he looked like.

You do have pretty eyes, quite blue for an Italian IMO. Still, since you live in the north I guess blue eyes are more common there. The colour change happens to my girl too, although she tends to have them grey most of the time.

i do not live in the north....i live the centre. blue eyes are quite often in my region...but also a lot of italians have blue eyes, also in the south, just keep in mind that we had longobards, celts and northmen invasions :)
honestly i don't like my colour so much, because i cannot say which colour exactly is, and when is night the colour seems to be very dark.... i would have liked better a light blue! :lol:

i do not live in the north....i live the centre. blue eyes are quite often in my region...but also a lot of italians have blue eyes, also in the south, just keep in mind that we had longobards, celts and northmen invasions :)
honestly i don't like my colour so much, because i cannot say which colour exactly is, and when is night the colour seems to be very dark.... i would have liked better a light blue! :lol:

Ah yeah I keep thinking that you live in the north, mi dispiache. Hahaha OK :p .

you are joking but i get burned also with total protection cream! :lol:
this is my colour in summer... (i have only photos made at concerts because they are nearly the only occasions that i agree to put myself consciously in front of a photocamera :rolleyes:)...as you can see is the same identical colour of winter! :lol:

24080637.jpg
How can you be Italian and be so white and blue eyed? :p

because blond and blue eyed people are everywhere...:lol:
as there are dark haired and eyed people in scandinavia, maybe not so common but there are some :p
in my family they all have light colours in the eyes, my father had blue eyes, my mother has green eyes, and also all my relatives have various shades of light colours. regarding hair a big part of my dad's family has blond hair....and as i look identically to him, i could not take his same colour :p
i think it's his surname's fault. as i said on the other topic my surname has germanic roots, and also a very nice meaning. it comes from the world "baro/bara" which meant "free man" or "knight" and it was later latinized in baro-baronis (my surname is Baroni) which became also a nobiliar title "Baron"

i think people is surprised because the typical italian beauty is this:
m_bellucci_rid.jpg

(well she is mostly known for her beauty than for her artistical vitues :lol: anyway she is a good example for italian features)
or this:
maria-grazia-cucinotta.jpg

but i can assure we all don't have black hair and black eyes :lol:

this is a photo with some friends made at a festival:
l_ea2c13f4ffb41502999f658e313c75b6.jpg

i'm the one with the hat and sunglasses.
but the other girl has brown hair and green eyes.
the guy with no hair he has brown hair and blue eyes
the other guys have both red hair and light brown (nearly yellow) eyes
so i'm not a white fly :lol:

really???? i didn't know that!

Ever notice Defiance and I having exchanges in Spanish? lol

I'm from the Caribbean, where people are from any manner of places. My family is all German, French, Italian and Spanish immigrants who came during the 19th century. My German great-grandfather came to Puerto Rico when he fought for the Americans in the Spanish-American War. I'm quintessentially Puerto Rican, but I don't "look" Puerto Rican to most people. Can't judge a book by its cover!

I'm from the Caribbean, where people are from any manner of places. My family is all German, French, Italian and Spanish immigrants who came during the 19th century. My German great-grandfather came to Puerto Rico when he fought for the Americans in the Spanish-American War. I'm quintessentially Puerto Rican, but I don't "look" Puerto Rican to most people. Can't judge a book by its cover!

yes, i've noticed it, but i tought you have studied spanish instead of being mothertongue!
what a nice mix of cutures you are :)

you are joking but i get burned also with total protection cream! :lol:
this is my colour in summer... (i have only photos made at concerts because they are nearly the only occasions that i agree to put myself consciously in front of a photocamera :rolleyes:)...as you can see is the same identical colour of winter! :lol:

24080637.jpg

Daaaaaaaaaaaaang. Pale!

I'm pretty pale as well, but my skin is olive. So in the summertime, I tan right up. (I can get burnt, but it takes a *lot* of exposure to the sun to do it, and it goes away after a day or two.) I do wear sunscreen when I know it's going to be sunny out, but if I miss a day or two, I don't sweat it. Hell, I don't think I could prevent tanning, even with an SPF 10000000000 cream!

i think people is surprised because the typical italian beauty is this:
m_bellucci_rid.jpg

(well she is mostly known for her beauty than for her artistical vitues :lol: anyway she is a good example for italian features)
or this:
maria-grazia-cucinotta.jpg

but i can assure we all don't have black hair and black eyes :lol:

this is a photo with some friends made at a festival:
l_ea2c13f4ffb41502999f658e313c75b6.jpg

i'm the one with the hat and sunglasses.
but the other girl has brown hair and green eyes.
the guy with no hair he has brown hair and blue eyes
the other guys have both red hair and light brown (nearly yellow) eyes
so i'm not a white fly :lol:

Actually I never think of Italians like that :p .

We're the same, we're "mutts" hahahaha :lol: .

I speak the most unmistakably slanged Puerto Rican Spanish imaginable. It takes people aback sometimes, because as you say, I don't "look" Puerto Rican. Now, my English... I sound like I'm from the midwest!

He!

because blond and blue eyed people are everywhere...:lol:
as there are dark haired and eyed people in scandinavia, maybe not so common but there are some :p
in my family they all have light colours in the eyes, my father had blue eyes, my mother has green eyes, and also all my relatives have various shades of light colours. regarding hair a big part of my dad's family has blond hair....and as i look identically to him, i could not take his same colour :p
i think it's his surname's fault. as i said on the other topic my surname has germanic roots, and also a very nice meaning. it comes from the world "baro/bara" which meant "free man" or "knight" and it was later latinized in baro-baronis (my surname is Baroni) which became also a nobiliar title "Baron"
Ok, I understand.:) One of my Italian friends fits the dark stereotype, I thought he was Hispanic the first time I saw him.:lol:
My Dad is supposed to be part Italian, which means I am somewhat that too, even though I don't have his skin tone that's a little darker than me. I don't seem to fit any recognized Euro group stereotypically, though some say I look English.:lol:
My last name is Irish though, originally was O'Calleigh(maybe it's the correct spelling) way back before my first ancestors came to America in the 1700s, then was anglicized sometime around then I guess. I'll post a pic sometime, I have blue eyes and dark hair.

Actually I never think of Italians like that :p .

why not?
they are two famous actress which are known also abroad, especially the first one, who is monica bellucci (she acted in matrix, dracula, shot'em up), that perfectly embodies italian features, dark hair, dar eyes, bronzed skin, big breast, not too thin....
not all the italian women are soo beautiful, of course :lol:, but those are the tipical traits of my folk :p

this is an example of male beauty (again an actor, which is considered by italians one of the most beautiful )
raulbova13450.jpg