Own Pictures Thread

Hello, I have a couple pictures that a friend made of me while on my field trip. So some of you get to see what I like now. :)
I'm on the right.
newsdesktrippic.jpg

In blue.
newsworkroompic.jpg

And eating after the tour.
newsfieldtriprestaraunt.jpg

There you go. :)

Went hiking the other day to see the eruption at Fimmvörðuháls. Heavy nice! Sounded like 30 jet engines and looked like the devil was over-boiling some tomato soup.
26585_1372633990085_1058848669_1100484_4112064_n.jpg

26585_1372633830081_1058848669_1100481_1162147_n.jpg

but...you're on television? looks like you are in a studio in the first photo :)
That was for a field trip. We went to a television studio. It was the first time I had ever been to one. I really do radio work at my college for DJing and sports commentary.:)

@djofull: i see it's still fucking cold there !!!! beautiful mighty pics :)
Well it was 1100 meters and windy at the top, the weather was quite good most of the time though. The lava flows down a gorge( creating "firefalls"), didn't see that live though.. but on TV it was spectacular.

527296.jpg

ohhh thank you! :lol:
they are not always so blue :cry:
is that kind of colour that changes with the light changing...so they can be grey or green sometimes....the nicest compliment i got for my eyes was (even if the california sky thing competes with this :lol:) that i have "starry eyes", because i have a light green/yellow colour around the pupil that can be mostly seen when i'm inside or there's a weak light.
but i need to find a closer photo to explain it better....
You have about the same color of blue eyes as mine. Mine are darker blue, maybe we have common genetics down the line?:)
By the way, how hard would it be to learn Italian since I know Spanish? I've also done word evolution practices where I take a word from Latin to its current Spanish state. Most English words are in early phase Latin if they come from that, they didn't evolve like Spanish did. And what influence did Latin have on Italian?

You have about the same color of blue eyes as mine. Mine are darker blue, maybe we have common genetics down the line?:)
By the way, how hard would it be to learn Italian since I know Spanish? I've also done word evolution practices where I take a word from Latin to its current Spanish state. Most English words are in early phase Latin if they come from that, they didn't evolve like Spanish did. And what influence did Latin have on Italian?

ehehe who knows?

i don't think it will be hard for you to learn italian, maybe you will also understand a lot of spoken italian if you hear it, since i can understand a lot of spoken spanish...they are quite similar.
latin had a big influence on italian, it will be weird if it wasn't like that, being latins our ancestors.
a lot of words come straight from it, with no changes at all, for example the word "deficere" which is identical in both languages (if you look at the latin proverb "melius abundare quam deficere" you will be surprised who similar it looks in italian "meglio abbondare che deficere" )

but some words are taken from the later neolatin dialect....for example equus was the latin word for "horse" the neolatin word was "caballus" the italian term is "cavallo"

there are also some latin words that we use still nowadays, they are often sayings or cliches... (i suppose some are used also outside italy, like opera omnia)
some examples are:
in medias res
post scriptum
par condicio
dulcis in fundo
honoris causa
pro memoria
alter ego
una tantum
a priori
caput mundi
carpe diem
casus belli
curriculum vitae
opera omnia

and many more....

oh my.. a new much larger eruption has begun on top of the glacier which is by the way 1 thousand and 666 meters high. Massive floods..

Djöfull;9023746 said:
oh my.. a new much larger eruption has begun on top of the glacier which is by the way 1 thousand and 666 meters high. Massive floods..

Speaking of Iceland... When I was in Oslo I met two Icelanders who did nothing but complain about the price of bread in Iceland compared to Norway :lol:

I once met a norwegian that said that some icelanders in Norway had poured their beers into plastic bags when the bar closed...