Own Pictures Thread

It got nice out around here, so figured it would be a good time to go to the park. My girlfriend, or dare I say fiancée and I the other day:

new.jpg

Cool pic of you two :) nice couple!
Your girlfriend/fiancée has beautiful hair : )

@defiance: you look so proud to have finally a photo with them!!!! :lol:

@elvina: i forgot to tell you how nice is your sweater in the previous photo you posted. i really like it! beautiful colour and cut, you've always nice and weird clothes (weird is a compliment in this case :) )

@defiance: you look so proud to have finally a photo with them!!!! :lol:

@elvina: i forgot to tell you how nice is your sweater in the previous photo you posted. i really like it! beautiful colour and cut, you've always nice and weird clothes (weird is a compliment in this case :) )
why, thank you! :oops: haha it's true, my style is a bit weird, besides i'm one of those few girls who still wear skirts :lol: too bad it's too cold now...

@defiance: dunno who those guys are but you look very content! :)

why, thank you! :oops: haha it's true, my style is a bit weird, besides i'm one of those few girls who still wear skirts :lol: too bad it's too cold now...

@defiance: dunno who those guys are but you look very content! :)

don't you know how they are?
they are the fabulous rhapsody of fire!!!!!

:zombie:

forgive me defiance!!!! :lol:
they are quite famous, probably the most famous italian band in the world, and that makes me feel really ashamed and bad, because there are better bands and our metal scene is known only for them :ill:

don't you know who they are?
they are the fabulous rhapsody of fire!!!!!

:zombie:

forgive me defiance!!!! :lol:
they are quite famous, probably the most famous italian band in the world, and that makes me feel really ashamed and bad, because there are better bands and our metal scene is known only for them :ill:
forgive my ignorance, but the closest i can/will ever get to Power Metal is Ayreon. :Smug:

does their music sound as gay as this picture looks? :lol::p though i love the background ;)
32_photo.jpg

[no offense to Defiance and other fans of RoF, i just really can't stand any Power Metal]

does their music sound as gay as this picture looks? :lol::p

EVEN WORSE! :lol:

just read the chorus, we have all magic words into one single refrain, this is power-itude raised to the nth power!!!! :lol:

For the king for the land for the mountains
for the green valleys where dragons fly
for the glory the power to win the black lord
I will search for the emerald sword

:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol: haha relax, offense none taken; I know most people can't understand Rhapsody's greatness ;) .

Ohhh yeah, very very happy, waited for 9 hours at the airport. Really, a dream come true. One of the first (first?) bands I listened to when I started getting into this whole "metal" thing. Ive been a fan for a looong time, 10 years maybe?

I'm glad they're playing Emerald Sword, although there are a couple of songs missing from the setlist (Wisdom and Land of Immortals).

@ Elvina: Try Dragonland, check out their latest album; it's a great masterpiece of Power Metal.

Power Metal is excellent, I find it funny that most Power don't listen to Black, and most Black don't listen to Power. I listen to everything except Hip-hop and Regetón.

EVEN WORSE! :lol:

just read the chorus, we have all magic words into one single refrain, this is power-itude raised to the nth power!!!! :lol:
:lol::lol::lol: well said!
@ Elvina: Try Dragonland, check out their latest album; it's a great masterpiece of Power Metal.

Power Metal is excellent, I find it funny that most Power don't listen to Black, and most Black don't listen to Power. I listen to everything except Hip-hop and Regetón.
what bothers me the most in power metal, is not the cheesy lyrics (some non-power-metal bands i like also write fantasy lyrics, maybe not that exaggerated though :lol:). My problem with power metal is a) the super-uber gay vocals; b) extremely simple pop melody lines with primitive musical structure. Take this song for ex. - the orchestral arrangements sound pretty cool if taken out of the context, but the main vocal melody line is just like some cheesy pop song. It overpowers everything and ruins some tiny bits of greatness that might have been going on in the background.

what bothers me the most in power metal, is not the cheesy lyrics (some non-power-metal bands i like also write fantasy lyrics, maybe not that exaggerated though :lol:). My problem with power metal is a) the super-uber gay vocals; b) extremely simple pop melody lines with primitive musical structure. Take this song for ex. - the orchestral arrangements sound pretty cool if taken out of the context, but the main vocal melody line is just like some cheesy pop song. It overpowers everything and ruins some tiny bits of greatness that might have been going on in the background.

Sure! But you've only heard few songs, and definitely not the more underground bands, so you really can't have a sound opinion about this. That's Rhapsody's second disc, and even if it's considered the best by some (not me); it's still sub-par compared to Power of the Dragonflame or the new one. Listen to those albums, maybe you'll like them.

Try some USPM. It's usually more ballsy and along the lines of traditional heavy metal more than flowery power metal.

You can't deny the massive balls in this songs riffs and Scalzi's vocals. Even though they're mostly just straight up heavy metal they sometimes get grouped in with power metal I guess so I don't care I just use any chance I get to promote this awesome band.

Also I guess to stay on topic, here's a pic of me bored in my dorm room.

77127_174650679212092_100000014844778_670296_2636193_n.jpg

what are your favorite italian bands?

honestly i don't listen to a lot of italian metal, but of course there are some good bands (or have been) like necrodeath, death ss (first works), fleshgod apocalypse, cadaveric crematorium (first works), dark lunacy, malnatt, folkstone, handful of hate, frostmoon eclipse, abhor, sadist...

ahah i've just remember one of the craziest bands i've ever listened to, which are nazgul :lol: they are from the south and they sing in latin :lol:
but listen HOW they sing :lol:

edit: cool photo!!!!!

i listened to only some italian bands... there was some discussion on italian bands here when the novembre forum was still alive. besides them i listened to abstracta, klimt 1918 and en declin. i think that's about it. my band is playing with some italian bands soon though :)

i listened to only some italian bands... there was some discussion on italian bands here when the novembre forum was still alive. besides them i listened to abstracta, klimt 1918 and en declin. i think that's about it. my band is playing with some italian bands soon though :)

novembre are good, even if i'm not into their kind of music, but i've seen them once live, and also had a good talk with them.

really, which bands???

@kerros: i know forgotten tomb, i forgot to mention then, together with some other cool bands, a friend of mine played in Hiems which is another band of forgotten's bassist.