Own Pictures Thread

Heartless you lucky bastard :) .

I'm glad you could meet them (at least Vortex, did you meet the other guys?). He looks so different without the makeup :lol: . He actually seems quite kind and shy, not like his band persona :p

Yeah, I met the whole band, it was just me, and the entire band backstage in a small room, it was kind of awkward at first. All the groupies left because we had to wait 45 mins before we could go to see them, and well, they had no patience. But after I got i there, Simen was reallllllly nice, got me a beer and offered me food, eventhough I was too nervous to eat. They had SO much stuff backstage. Everyone in the band was really nice, except Shagrath. I only spoke with Simen and Galder though. I can honestly say, I was scared Vortex would be kind of a stuck up jerk for some reason, a lot of singers are, but I couldn't have been more wrong. Awesome, awesome man. Very funny and kind. It was truly a dream come true.

If I recall last year's set it was (in no order I can remember):

Progenies
Serpentine Offering
Chosen Legacy
Sorgens Kammer Del II
Indoctrination
Vredesbyrd
Stormblast
Cataclysm Children
Kings of the Carnival Creation
A Succubus in Rapture
Insight and the Catharsis
Spellbound
Mourning Palace

Progenies of the Great Apocolypse
Vredesbyrd
Cataclysm Children
Kings of the Carnival Creation
Sorgens Kammer - Del II
IndoctriNation
A Succubus in Rapture
-drum solo-
The Serpentine Offering
The Chosen Legacy
The Insight and the Catharsis
-------------------------------encore
Spellbound (by the Devil)
Mourning Palace

This may help:
CDs-9.jpg
Whats that to the right of Lunar Poetry?

Obsidian Gate - The Nightspectral Voyage. Symphonic black metal a la Limbonic Art. Highly recommended. My collection has greatly expanded since this picture was taken, so I also have the album Colossal Christhunt from that band, and it kicks ass too.

c5b88fb25a2919d76fdf00cce5b9923f.jpg

Yeah, I met the whole band, it was just me, and the entire band backstage in a small room, it was kind of awkward at first. All the groupies left because we had to wait 45 mins before we could go to see them, and well, they had no patience. But after I got i there, Simen was reallllllly nice, got me a beer and offered me food, eventhough I was too nervous to eat. They had SO much stuff backstage. Everyone in the band was really nice, except Shagrath. I only spoke with Simen and Galder though. I can honestly say, I was scared Vortex would be kind of a stuck up jerk for some reason, a lot of singers are, but I couldn't have been more wrong. Awesome, awesome man. Very funny and kind. It was truly a dream come true.

Wow lucky you, really :headbang: :kickass: . I'm glad you fulfilled your dream on my behalf :cry::p .

Did you get your cds signed n' stuff? :)

Wow lucky you, really :headbang: :kickass: . I'm glad you fulfilled your dream on my behalf :cry::p .

Did you get your cds signed n' stuff? :)

No, unfortunately, I spent the entire time just talking with him, at first about random stuff and making jokes, I didn't want to seem like a crazed fan but then he brought up Borknagar because of my shirt, then from there we just discussed a lot of his other projects at great length, everything except Arcturus really, but then I could tell he was quite tired (he mentioned earlier about how 'Oh boy, we're not young anymore man'), he actually humoured me for a while and stayed to tlak with me and I was eternally grateful for his kindess, so when he decided to retire for the night I didn't want to bother him with signing things, I regret it a little bit now but, the pictures and the fact I actually got to meet him is MORE than enough to make up for the absence of his signature.

For those wondering, he said they only have one <Code> song finished so far, but if he's a good boy and writes the lyrics it should be done by the summer, and also, he brought up Lamented Souls (I was surprised as I thought it was a dead band) and he said they also have about 8 songs done, 5 really great ones and some that are just filler (in his ears) so he is thinking about just releasing a mini-cd sometime in the distant future, when he gets a chance. He said they haven't practiced together in years, and he's so busy with Dimmu and his family and such, plus he's lazy (his words not mine) so he doesn't know when it will see the light of day. We also talked about him doing solo stuff, he said he has TONNES of stuff ready. He said he has a lot of songs (Asgeir also mentioned this in another thread) but he just doesn't have the time, and he also doesn't want to rush it, he wants it to be as good as he can get it so.. I don't know, I was excited to hear all this so :lol: I thought I'd share it.

For those wondering, he said they only have one <Code> song finished so far, but if he's a good boy and writes the lyrics it should be done by the summer, and also, he brought up Lamented Souls (I was surprised as I thought it was a dead band) and he said they also have about 8 songs done, 5 really great ones and some that are just filler (in his ears) so he is thinking about just releasing a mini-cd sometime in the distant future, when he gets a chance. He said they haven't practiced together in years, and he's so busy with Dimmu and his family and such, plus he's lazy (his words not mine) so he doesn't know when it will see the light of day. We also talked about him doing solo stuff, he said he has TONNES of stuff ready. He said he has a lot of songs (Asgeir also mentioned this in another thread) but he just doesn't have the time, and he also doesn't want to rush it, he wants it to be as good as he can get it so.. I don't know, I was excited to hear all this so :lol: I thought I'd share it.

Excellent fucking news man.

No, unfortunately, I spent the entire time just talking with him, at first about random stuff and making jokes, I didn't want to seem like a crazed fan but then he brought up Borknagar because of my shirt, then from there we just discussed a lot of his other projects at great length, everything except Arcturus really, but then I could tell he was quite tired (he mentioned earlier about how 'Oh boy, we're not young anymore man'), he actually humoured me for a while and stayed to tlak with me and I was eternally grateful for his kindess, so when he decided to retire for the night I didn't want to bother him with signing things, I regret it a little bit now but, the pictures and the fact I actually got to meet him is MORE than enough to make up for the absence of his signature.

Awesome to hear that :headbang: .

I would have gotten my stuff signed and the pics taken first, then talk to him :p .

Ahhh I wish I'd see them, to have my Enthrone (and obviously Quintessence) cds signed is one of my dreams :cry: (also my LPs hehe :cry: ).

Maybe someday... .