Own Pictures

i must ask, the guy with the first pics are those weapons battle ready?, and do you know how to use them?. My sword is real, and i fight in a re-inactmet society in slovenia, and i have a scar or two to prove it! (ouch). My sword is pretty damn heavy, and its a real two handed sword. The first sword looks awesome, but i think my one would smash it in half.

I just realized I skipped over this; how heavy is your sword? The few actual "battle ready" claymores I've held that were fully sharpened (without rat-tail tang or other bullshit) and more importantly, perfectly balanced, have weighed no more than 3 lbs - so my question is, where do you get your gear?

I'm also healous of you though, I wish there was a re-enactment society in my area :(

Oh, fuck it. It might be an ugly mug, but it's mine, and I could never resist the opportunity to frighten people.
DCFN0003.jpg

And while I, generally speaking, try to avoid making comments like this... Erzebeth, you're damn cute.

As for the swords, single handed Saxon/Norse swords generally weight about 2-3lbs, but that can change based on if it's made for re-enactment, they tend to be a bit thicker and heavier to last longer, but a singlehanded sword is still generally under 4 lbs. Not sure on greatswords or hand-and-a-half swords, however. Good steel is actually lighter (since they don't need to make it extra thick) then the cheap stuff they make wallhangers out of. But the decorative ones tend to be a bit on the brittle side. Flying shards from a snapped blade is uncool.

@ihave27frets - niiiiice beard and guitar dude. johan, watch out!

@Thrymfal - is that beard and hair REAL!?.... the beard looks real, but if that is your actual hair, awesome. Also, the viking costume rules.

@Seraphim Belial - i get my equipment from a big bearded dude in slovenia called "janez".... i cant remember his trading name, but he made the sword on order, and i told him im a big guy, so he should not make it lighter on purpose.... honestly i am not sure what weight it is, all i know is that after a few hours of swinging it around in the HORRIBLE slovenian 30 degree heat it feels like it weighs 50 pounds (i really really miss home on those days!). Im guessing it weighs aboooout 5-6 lbs. But it has a very sturdy blade, its been through alot, with nothing more than superficial damage. me and my girlfiriend make the chainmail and all that ourselves :).... thanks for asking man. And dont worry, i had to move the whole way accross europe to find a re-inactment society, they are not easily found :(

^That is still amazingly awesome; the only place I know of in America is in Texas...a little too far away at the moment.