Pagan Knights tour dates!

eppst1

Mar 18, 2002
Ohio
www.eppst1.com
Blabbermouth said:
Napalm Records has announced the first batch of confirmed dates/venues for the forthcoming Pagan Knights tour, featuring Faroese Viking metallers TÝR and Scottish pirate metallers ALESTORM.

Since the 2006 Napalm re-release of the band's "Eric the Red" album, TÝR has continued to amaze an ever-growing legion of fans with its epic and progressive brand of pagan metal, culminating in this year's highly-anticipated "Land", which also saw the band reach North American shores earlier this year for the inaugural Paganfest tour.

ALESTORM has gained notoriety much through the "word-of-mouth" route: its debut album, "Captain Morgan's Revenge", was released quietly at the beginning of the year but continued to build momentum, so much so that the band's patented "true Scottish pirate metal" simply HAD to be heard live on these shores.

Joining both TÝR and ALESTORM will be SPV recording artists SUIDAKRA.

The dates are as follows:

Feb. 28 - Atlanta, GA - The Masquerade
Mar. 01 - Orlando, FL - The Backbooth
Mar. 02 - Tallahassee, FL - The Engine Room
Mar. 04 - Houston, TX - Walter's on Washington
Mar. 05 - Austin, TX - Red 7
Mar. 06 - Dallas, TX - Ridglea Theater
Mar. 07 - Tulsa, OK - The Marquee
Mar. 09 - Albuquerque, NM - The Launchpad
Mar. 10 - Tempe, AZ - [to be announced]
Mar. 11 - San Marcos, CA - The Jumping Turtle
Mar. 12 - Hollywood, CA - Knitting Factory
Mar. 13 - Oakland, CA - The Metro
Mar. 14 - Portland, OR - [to be announced]
Mar. 15 - Seattle, WA - Studio Seven
Mar. 16 - Salt Lake City, UT - Club Vegas
Mar. 17 - Denver, CO - Cervantes Masterpiece Ballroom
Mar. 18 - Kansas City, MO - Riot Room
Mar. 19 - St Paul, MN - Station 4
Mar. 20 - Mokena, IL - The Pearl Room / Capone's
Mar. 21 - Cleveland, OH - [to be announced]
Mar. 23 - Toronto, ON - The Opera House
Mar. 24 - Montreal, QC - Club Soda
Mar. 25 - Rochester, NY - The Penny Arcade
Mar. 27 - Baltimore, MD - Sonar
Mar. 28 - Allentown, PA - The Sterling Hotel
Mar. 29 - New York, NY - High Line Ballroom

More dates will be announced soon.

:headbang:

I am scared because the Pearl Room (very lousy club) has had a bad track record of sound issues and ripping off bands (Helloween / Gamma Ray) and as of late...moving a show to Capones next door which isnt even a place for shows (no stage). I am hoping these issues get solved before this tour hits US shores.

THANK GOD this is not Paganfest 2. But I will still go, mainly to see Suidakra. I hope they get at least 40-45 minutes. Even though I'm not a fan, Alestorm will probably be fun live. And I'll stick around for Tyr for a few songs and if they bore me, I'll leave early. :heh:

So Tyr is the headliner? Holy shit. Yes. That's awesome. I was very disappointed with their truncated set during Paganfest because they were missing their real drummer and only had a few days to rehearse like, what...4 songs. No good. I would love to hear a longer set with some of my favorites from Eric the Red (i.e. "The Edge" or "Dreams"), as well as the monstrously epic title track from Land (crossed fingers on that one...but it's easily the best song on the new album save for the rerecording of "Hail to the Hammer"). I like all three bands, so I am extremely excited about this tour.

So Tyr is the headliner? Holy shit. Yes. That's awesome. I was very disappointed with their truncated set during Paganfest because they were missing their real drummer and only had a few days to rehearse like, what...4 songs. No good. I would love to hear a longer set with some of my favorites from Eric the Red (i.e. "The Edge" or "Dreams"), as well as the monstrously epic title track from Land (crossed fingers on that one...but it's easily the best song on the new album save for the rerecording of "Hail to the Hammer"). I like all three bands, so I am extremely excited about this tour.

Suidakra did a mini-US tour after their Chicago Powerfest show last year (they joined PaganFest for a few dates). I think that's their only US tour.

This is going to be a great show.

Damn damn damn - how to dress for this concert? Dress like a pirate? Maybe as a knight? Bring multiple costumes in case there are in/out privileges? Oh agony, agony.

This should be a blast of a show - too bad it's way the hell off on the horizon, hope nothing happens between now & then, this seems like a really great bill.

Cheers
Jeff

Suidakra did a mini-US tour after their Chicago Powerfest show last year (they joined PaganFest for a few dates). I think that's their only US tour.

This is going to be a great show.

Yep, 6 westcoast dates following powerfest. I saw them both in seattle and portland and they did an alright job. They need work on their clean vocals, but i know their old clean vocalist left not long before the tour, so they're still probably getting things ready. This should be a much better performance.

And finally a full length TYR set! Fuck all y'all that think they're boring, get back to the bar or leave the hall and I'll be up front singing and headbanging :headbang:

I am scared because the Pearl Room (very lousy club) has had a bad track record of sound issues and ripping off bands (Helloween / Gamma Ray) and as of late...moving a show to Capones next door which isnt even a place for shows (no stage). I am hoping these issues get solved before this tour hits US shores.
I agree with you ... I don't want to go see this show if it's held in Capone's. I haven't seen a show there yet, but I've heard it's dreadful. I'd love to support the bands and all, but if I can't see the stage there's no point in going as my enjoyment level would be seriously in question.

Britt

PS I always thought the Pearl Room was a decent enough venue, but they do seem to be slipping quite a bit this past year. It's a bad venue for large crowds. Also they seem to be plagued with sound issues quite frequently. Now with not knowing for sure if the band will be in Pearl Room or Capones it's really dampened my excitement for going to these shows.

Mar. 27 - Baltimore, MD - Sonar

Hell Yeah!!!! ALESTORM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It will be good to see Tyr in a headlining set. Hopefully they'll be better than they were at PaganFest