Pantera's Heaviest Album?

SouthernTrendkill

Super Normie
Aug 22, 2007
What do you think it is?

I think it's without a doubt The Great Southern Trendkill. I sometimes slip up and start thinking Reinventing The Steel is the heaviest, but on Trendkill all the screaming and Seth Putnam's backing just puts it onto a slightly higher level of heavy than any of their other albums. 'Course for me heaviness is a lot about how the vocals are, so maybe one of the other albums is heavier instrumentally speaking.

cant... resist... must... say...

PANTERA FUCKING SUCK. listen to some real metal.

but ya know, even shit has weight. so do this. take their worst album and use that. using the "biggest piece of shit" theory the largest turd will obviously be the heaviest.
~gR~

but ya know, even shit has weight. so do this. take their worst album and use that. using the "biggest piece of shit" theory the largest turd will obviously be the heaviest.
~gR~

You guys are such punk rockers. All this bullshit about real metal. Pantera isn't real metal? PANTERA?

Ya'll talk about so-and-so band isn't metal enough because of what kind of FASHION adorns them. Fashion? Judging people based on fashion is what highschool cheerleaders do. So insecure.

:p

You guys are such punk rockers. All this bullshit about real metal. Pantera isn't real metal? PANTERA?

Ya'll talk about so-and-so band isn't metal enough because of what kind of FASHION adorns them. Fashion? Judging people based on fashion is what highschool cheerleaders do. So insecure.

:p

well, i dont know what kind of clothes they wear, but i think we can blame the creation of nu metal on pantera and anthrax. i dont like them because their music is oversimplified garbage for beer swilling rednecks.
~gR~

~gR~

The thread is about their heaviest album, NOT "your fucking opinion of the band". I don't get why any thread about a band that has a huge following instantly turns into a piss fest of people saying how much the band sucks and the overly used cliched response of "listen to real metal" good god if I had a penny for everytime I heard that saying. By the way I do listen to "real metal" and I also listen to Pantera. Why? Because it's good, fun music to listen to, why the fuck do you care so much about what I'M listening to, why is that any concern of yours?

Anyways to keep on topic, I think Reinventing The Steel was their heaviest, every time I listen to that album it just kicks me in the ass!

Isn't Reinventing the Steel a best of?

Anyway, I agree with Far Beyond Driven - I think that's by far their heaviest.

It's definitely not Cowboys From Hell though - there is almost nothing heavy about that album at all (and I'm not talking purely aesthetically eitehr)

It's definitely not Cowboys From Hell though - there is almost nothing heavy about that album at all (and I'm not talking purely aesthetically eitehr)

Primal Concrete Sledge is pretty heavy. That was the first Pantera song I ever heard. I bought Cowboys From Hell because of it. I ended up swapping it for Symphonies of Sickness though.

Anyway from what I've heard of The Great Southern Trendkill, it sounded like their heaviest, but certainly not their best. A New Level off Vulgar Display is probably their best fuck-off heavy song.

~gR~
Suck a dick. Pantera IS real metal whether you like it or not.

As far as the heaviest album by Pantera?
I'm going w/ the OZZman on this one and saying Far Beyond. Songs like Use My 3rd Arm and 10 years(especially the end "We're Fucking you Back!!!")
Ahh love that shit. Pantera will NEVER get old to me.