Paradise Lost recommendations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

frost_giant

Giant Member
Feb 8, 2006
Hi everyone, I have heard a lot about this British doom band, and I would like to get into them asap.

What is(are) their best album(-s)? Please think which will be more "pleasant"(if that's a word when Doom is concerned), if I like Turn Loose The Swans by MDB and early Katatonia.

If you like Katatonia (Brave Murder Day), try Shades of God. It's identical, only better and without the gay pop song.

For doom start with 'gothic' then the first album lost paradise which is a lot more raw.

My favorite paradise lost cds are.

Shades of God,Icon, and Draconian Times.

Erik said:
Totally retarded statement in this post. GROW A PAIR OF EARS

Erik, much as your tastes often coincide with mine, in this occasion, I am right.

There is no way on this earth you will EVER convince me that BMD>Shades of God.

May I suggest you listen to Shades of God again, and then PM me to tell me I'm right?:kickass:

Shades of God is nothing like Brave Murder Day. Are you deaf?

If you want Paradise Lost, I would recommend their albums Gothic, Icon, and Draconian Times. I would recommend that you avoid the band though. They were never one of the better doom metal bands. My Dying Bride, November's Doom, and Anathema were all recording much better music around that time.

LuminousAether said:
Shades of God is nothing like Brave Murder Day. Are you deaf?

If you want Paradise Lost, I would recommend their albums Gothic, Icon, and Draconian Times. I would recommend that you avoid the band though. They were never one of the better doom metal bands. My Dying Bride, November's Doom, and Anathema were all recording much better music around that time.

You sir, (and no offence) are a fucking div.

Anathemas output at the same time as Paradise Lost was well below par.

I suggest that it is YOU who are deaf.

Alas,you having a 4" waist, and me being the biggest motherfucker you've ever seen, you'd jave to withdraw your child like hand and rub it better. I'm too kindly to hit you back Erik, it wouldn't be fair or right, and goddamn it, you're a good kid.

Luminous: Anathema made quality music back in the day. Paradise Lost made better music during the same period.

Carcassian said:
Alas,you having a 4" waist, and me being the biggest motherfucker you've ever seen, you'd jave to withdraw your child like hand and rub it better. I'm too kindly to hit you back Erik, it wouldn't be fair or right, and goddamn it, you're a good kid.
Yeah I never said you wouldn't kill me. Trust me, I'm not a rational person when I'm drunk :)

Also it would be a friendly sort of lamping because you seem like an alright enough bloke, it's just that Brave Murder Day is RELIGION and THE best album EVER WRITTEN on this wretched earth, while Shades of God is a sorta alright quasi death doom album

Jesus mate, you must have a fever.

1) BMD is nowhere near the best album ever created. That album is Necroticism.

2) Shades of God is more than sorta alright. It's fucking ACE.

Status
Not open for further replies.