Paradise Lost Samples

Hey,

That's cool if Ptah disagrees with some of the things I said in my previous post.
Everyone has their preferences and opinions.

I'm glad he is happy with his VETTA.
The "Vetta" models are Line-6's flagships. Romeo uses one on-stage, and he sounds great.

Once you decide on "tube" vs. "solid-state", you still have a thousand choices to pick from.
In the end... a certain amp won't make you PLAY any better!

Great musicians have told me over the years that "tone" comes from the "fingers".

Maybe Ptah would disagree with THAT statement, too.

:loco:

~Steve~

Holy shit, you just saved yourself. I was JUST about to add you to the list and read this post. The thing about tone being in the fingers is completely true.

Just the determining factor that pissed me off in the other post was that your opinions about Line 6 were obviously developped through word of mouth as opposed to hands on experience.

I doubt Romeo used the VETTA on this new album.
I would be surprised if he did. Line-6 shit doesn't seem to translate well in a studio mix, from what I hear.

This part pissed me off. Line 6 amps are DESIGNED to sound well in a studio, because it's all digital. If anything they might not sound as good LIVE. Just look at the POD, Guitar Port, Vettas and especially the Variax guitars. It's all designed with the studio in mind. I'm a proud owner of a Line 6, even though it's a shitty Spider II it sounds alot better than any Marshall amp of the same size I've ever played (for a fraction of the cost). Just try out some of Line 6's stuff before badmouthing them, because all that is gonna do is keep the biased-word-of-mouth opinions about digital sound going strong. I've never met anybody who used a Line 6 amp who doesn't like Line 6, only people with tubes stuck up their asses have bad mouthed them in my experience.

The sad part about it all is I've never heard of anyone who liked Line 6 "from what they've heard". Most people who goes out amp shopping just have MESA and Marshall in mind from the start (trust me, I've been there) and just happened to have tried out a Line 6 in the shop one day, changing their 'digital sound must suck' state of mind.

By no means am I ripping on tube amps. I wouldn't consider myself a fan of tube amps, as I prefer solid state, but I can see why people like them to such an extent.

C`mon... you guys are so easy to piss-off, it ain't even a challenge!

I was told there were alot of crybabies over here.
Damn... that was an understatement!

:dopey:

~Steve~

This is absolutely true. I am proud to say i'm the second cryingest baby here, second only to Ken, the lord and master. But we love ken. In the pooper.

Oh... i'm lord and master of gay jokes. *cough*... yeah... jokes... right guys? *cough*

I've never met anybody who used a Line 6 amp who doesn't like Line 6, only people with tubes stuck up their asses have bad mouthed them in my experience.

Nice to meet you:) . I used Line 6 (both a spider II and a podXT) for a long time (in other words....as long as it took me to acquire funds and decide what amp I wanted to buy). The only thing that I ever found the pod useful for was direct recording when it was too late at night to be making noise or for something that I would never allow to see the light of day, but even then I never got much mileage out of it. It was also cool for practicing every now and then when I wanted certain effects that I don't use enough to purchase a stompbox for. The only thing that I felt it sort of succeeded at was being versatile, but it was definitely a quantity over quality type of thing. I've only encountered Line 6 stuff in a studio twice. One time there was a flextone collecting dust in a corner and the other time was when I brought my POD and was told that I might as well leave it in my bag.

The biggest problem with them and the main reason all the anti-line 6 stuff started when they first hit the market was that they were marketed as something that could replicate the tones of classic amps (mostly tube), which they fail horribly at. It's cool if you like the Line 6 sounds good, but if you honestly thing that their rectifier models sound like a real rectifier or that their mark-II models sounds like a mark series amp or that their JCM models sounds like a JCM....you are wrong, plain and simple (that wasn't directed at anyone in particular, just a general statement). A digital/solid state amp has never and probably will never be able to accuarately replicate the sound of a tube amp.

I asked Romeo about his choice of the vetta when I saw them back in 2004. He said it was simply because it was more convenient to have all the different presets and sounds he needed programmed into one package and not have to drag out a rackload of gear, which I can totally understand. And no, before someone asks for a signed and notarized statement by three eye witnessed, I don't have one. I should also mention that the sounds was beyond horrible that night (I'm guessing whoever was working the board had never actually seen a sound system and didn't know how to mic instruments) so it was all but impossible to try to listen to the guitar tones.

I'm guessing Ptah either has a stick up his ass or that post was a joke, so I wont even bother. It's pretty funny how worked up some of you guys got over MW's post, you'd think this were a thread about updates and AGX had posted two full paragraphs or something.

Nice to meet you:) . I used Line 6 (both a spider II and a podXT) for a long time (in other words....as long as it took me to acquire funds and decide what amp I wanted to buy). The only thing that I ever found the pod useful for was direct recording when it was too late at night to be making noise or for something that I would never allow to see the light of day, but even then I never got much mileage out of it. It was also cool for practicing every now and then when I wanted certain effects that I don't use enough to purchase a stompbox for. The only thing that I felt it sort of succeeded at was being versatile, but it was definitely a quantity over quality type of thing. I've only encountered Line 6 stuff in a studio twice. One time there was a flextone collecting dust in a corner and the other time was when I brought my POD and was told that I might as well leave it in my bag.

The biggest problem with them and the main reason all the anti-line 6 stuff started when they first hit the market was that they were marketed as something that could replicate the tones of classic amps (mostly tube), which they fail horribly at. It's cool if you like the Line 6 sounds good, but if you honestly thing that their rectifier models sound like a real rectifier or that their mark-II models sounds like a mark series amp or that their JCM models sounds like a JCM....you are wrong, plain and simple (that wasn't directed at anyone in particular, just a general statement). A digital/solid state amp has never and probably will never be able to accuarately replicate the sound of a tube amp.

I asked Romeo about his choice of the vetta when I saw them back in 2004. He said it was simply because it was more convenient to have all the different presets and sounds he needed programmed into one package and not have to drag out a rackload of gear, which I can totally understand. And no, before someone asks for a signed and notarized statement by three eye witnessed, I don't have one. I should also mention that the sounds was beyond horrible that night (I'm guessing whoever was working the board had never actually seen a sound system and didn't know how to mic instruments) so it was all but impossible to try to listen to the guitar tones.

I'm guessing Ptah either has a stick up his ass or that post was a joke, so I wont even bother. It's pretty funny how worked up some of you guys got over MW's post, you'd think this were a thread about updates and AGX had posted two full paragraphs or something.

I WANT A STATEMENT FROM THREE EYEWITNE... oh.

I agree with this 100%. I like Line 6's because of the sound they make, not because they supposedly replicate other amps (which they don't). If I wanted an amp to sound like a JCM for example, I'd buy a JCM. In my case, I want an amp that sounds like a Line 6. Seems like the logical choice, for me anyways.

EDIT: I'm gonna buy a tubed Marshall half stack off some guy for cheap in like 2 weeks, in case anyone thinks I'm dissing tube amps.

I have a solid-state Roland Cube-30, which sounds nice to practice with at lower volumes, and I have an old CRATE Stealth-50 tube amp... which is basically a redesign of an old Lee Jackson AMPEG unit.
The Stealth sounds great when you crank it up.
I also have a Johnson J-Station for recording guitar tracks into the computer.
The J-Station has a really slick patch-editor program.
I didn't like the J-Stations metal sounds when I first got it, but the more you work with it, the better it seems to get.
I spent some time with a POD XT, and I couldn't get any sounds I liked out of it.
Like Meedleyx10 said, it's a "quantity" over "quality" thing.
The POD had plenty of features, but the sound quality was lacking.

AND.... Meedleyx10 is RIGHT about Romeo and the Vetta.
Romeo uses the Vetta on the road for convenience/flexibility!
( Not "sound quality". )

You want "sound-quality".... try a Bogner FISH preamp connected to a VHT tube power amp.
THAT is sound-quality!

~Steve~

Hey Steve, i gotta say while i have nothing against you like some of the other folk seem to (even though this gear talk is FUCKING boring), what's with the formatting? You like hit enter after every sentence.
That's kind of annoying.
it hurts my eyes.
now my vagina has sand in it.
Thanks for giving me a sandy vagina.

Hey Steve, i gotta say while i have nothing against you like some of the other folk seem to (even though this gear talk is FUCKING boring), what's with the formatting? You like hit enter after every sentence.
That's kind of annoying.
it hurts my eyes.
now my vagina has sand in it.
Thanks for giving me a sandy vagina.

hey baby... why dont u come over and take a dip in my hot tub and wash that sand out right now. and maybe slip into a couple dry martinis with me... see where that takes us. *winks* :oops:

This part pissed me off. Line 6 amps are DESIGNED to sound well in a studio, because it's all digital. If anything they might not sound as good LIVE. Just look at the POD, Guitar Port, Vettas and especially the Variax guitars. It's all designed with the studio in mind. .

Exactly. I'm on the 3rd go around with my gear and it's the best stuff I've come acrossed, including the others mentioned.

I have a solid-state Roland Cube-30, which sounds nice to practice with at lower volumes, and I have an old CRATE Stealth-50 tube amp... which is basically a redesign of an old Lee Jackson AMPEG unit.
The Stealth sounds great when you crank it up.
I also have a Johnson J-Station for recording guitar tracks into the computer.
The J-Station has a really slick patch-editor program.
I didn't like the J-Stations metal sounds when I first got it, but the more you work with it, the better it seems to get.
I spent some time with a POD XT, and I couldn't get any sounds I liked out of it.
Like Meedleyx10 said, it's a "quantity" over "quality" thing.
The POD had plenty of features, but the sound quality was lacking.

AND.... Meedleyx10 is RIGHT about Romeo and the Vetta.
Romeo uses the Vetta on the road for convenience/flexibility!
( Not "sound quality". )

You want "sound-quality".... try a Bogner FISH preamp connected to a VHT tube power amp.
THAT is sound-quality!

~Steve~

great combination, although I prefer some custom made amps, e.g. those from Larry Grohmann or Earforce.

the vetta is quite versatile but there are a lot better sounding amps.