Parts in songs that reminds you of other songs.

Sorry for the necro, but this was bugging me last night. Is it just me or does the first 20 seconds of Trouble's "Fall of Lucifer" sound like Anvil?

(Skip to 0:22 on the Anvil song)

I just realized Nile used the same intro of To Mega Therion for their Ithyphallic album. I can't seem to find if they gave credit to Celtic Frost, or whether this melody is even older and both bands used it.

Reactions: Omni
I'm pretty sure that Tom G. Warrior wrote that music. I'm going to assume that Nile wanted to pay homage to it, because I'd consider it impossible for them to not be familiar with the album it appears on.

20180208_114813.jpg

Yeah, this is what it says in my copy of the album. Tom wrote the music, although the classical arrangement for his melody was done by Steiner.

Reactions: -CC-
The (acoustic?) guitar parts in the first minute of Metal Church's "Watch the Children Play" (repeated at 2:20 and then again from 4:50 onwards) sound like a very simliar, yet slightly faster version of the guitar part from 0:22 to 1:50 in Metallica's "Welcome Home (Sanitarium)":

Reactions: -CC-
Another one that's been bugging me. The part at 1:48 of Jag Panzer - The Watching instantly reminds me of Cartilage

(Cartilage part at 0:24)

Reactions: Manic Ferocity
Yeah, this is what it says in my copy of the album. Tom wrote the music, although the classical arrangement for his melody was done by Steiner.

It was written by Marliyn Monroe.

Last edited:
Reactions: Omni