Peavey 6534+ vs 6505+

Trevoire520

Mar 24, 2007
Fife, Scotland
Hey everyone, interested in your thoughts on these two. My first reaction was that the 6505+ cuts through better, but I'm thinking that the 6534+ might actually give some more room for vocals and probably doesn't need as much post-eq taming in the presence area?

No one answer? I found the two versions sounding great. Maybe I like more the 65 version, more in the face.
BTW To be honest I only use emulators (TSE X50, last version, with mk I preamp, with EL34 powertubes and changing bias, and I love it).

Prefered the 6505+
Surprised that the EL34s wouldn't help the 6534 to be brighter or have more "bite". But then, the more time passes, the more I think that power tubes don't bring that much tonal difference. So in this case, I guess this comes from how the 6505 is built/designed versus the 6534.

Prefered the 6505+
Surprised that the EL34s wouldn't help the 6534 to be brighter or have more "bite". But then, the more time passes, the more I think that power tubes don't bring that much tonal difference. So in this case, I guess this comes from how the 6505 is built/designed versus the 6534.
I've always found 6L6 amps to be brighter than EL34's. Think Fender cleans compared to Marshall.
I might run a test from the FX send to see if the amps sound the same before they hit the power section.