Pensado's Place: The secrets behind tuning your room

Awesome, I didn't know this existed and I loved the stuff he had on gearslutz.
Some excellent information there and when I eventually get to a new, more permanant space I'm going to re watch this and spend alot of time experimenting.

Definately going to watch alot of these vids over the coming weeks. Seems like a great show.

What I love about it is that it's the opposite of what you see on the net, they're not saying you need this or that gear and that this will work and that won't. None of the guys on it seem too familiar with model numbers or things like that but they do know what they're talking about. They've clearly gained a ton of knowledge through experience. It's like they work more with concepts than hard "this works and this doesn't".

Left the room while this loaded and thought

steve-brule-lead.jpg

when this came on LOL

"In 1971 Bill Grates invented Michaelsoft, wouldn't it be cool if I could remember my dingus password to my email" Brule's Rules!

Nice and informative show but I'd hardly consider it containing any "secrets". Almost everything on it is common knowledge you can get from a couple of very good acoustics forums. The only thing different is he puts quite a bit more emphasis on monitor placement than on acoustics and states that some of the accepted rules of thumb shouldn't be taken for the absolute truth for all scenarios.