Rammstein live rig...only 6 rectifiers in a rack

I read somewhere (I think the Fractal forum) that Rammstein bought a bunch of AxeFx Ultra's from Fractal not long ago so that might be a hint of a new rig in the future.

When you're playing on a stage the kind of size that they play on you need serious power to fill it. A triple rec is only 120watts, so if you want hear your amp all over your side of the stage you need lots of amp. Anyway, you think he actually pays for his gear?

Lies.

That's what monitors are for.

Monitors don't sound he same as having your amp on stage behind you. Anyway, it depends on what the artist wants. If he wants his amp on stage and to be able to hear it then you need a lot of watts.

i don`t like Rammstein, but i have to agree that they make one of the greatest shows on stage, and the sound it`s killer
dont know if they realy need that much rectifiers , but who cares if they can afford it
i will not be surprised if they will switch to the Axe Fx rig, lot of people are doing this
the ebay was full of Rammstein signed Rectifiers :)

From TC Electronics myspace site:
Ricards Live rig

http://www.myspace.com/tcelectronic/photos/24047785

l_795233b86e614fe1b4027faa789fbc42.jpg

They´re going to play here this year. Fuckin $100 dollars. No other band, just Rammstein. Is this the price they charge around the world?

It was 75 euros (about 94 USD) the previous time they played here, February 2010. So, yeah, that's what the tickets cost :puke: They keep saying almost all of the money goes to the stage setup, but surely it can't cost almost half a million each night :S Maybe 100 000 euros tops. But then again, if you earn (probably) 20 000 euros per night for 150 nights, surely it is of no consequence if you have 1 or 10 heads for personal monitoring :lol: Even if it is Mesa with the bloated European prices.

It was 75 euros (about 94 USD) the previous time they played here, February 2010. So, yeah, that's what the tickets cost :puke: They keep saying almost all of the money goes to the stage setup, but surely it can't cost almost half a million each night :S Maybe 100 000 euros tops. But then again, if you earn (probably) 20 000 euros per night for 150 nights, surely it is of no consequence if you have 1 or 10 heads for personal monitoring :lol: Even if it is Mesa with the bloated European prices.

I bought the ticket today with 50% student discount (fake student card, by the way :lol:). I can´t understand a word in german so I guess that it is a bonus lol

These prices are ridiculous. 5 years ago they big bands gigs on great places used to be $30 at max.

These prices are ridiculous. 5 years ago they big bands gigs on great places used to be $30 at max.

Holy shit. The first time I saw Opeth, it was in 2003, and they played a crappy club with sticky floors. Tickets were $70. Iron Maiden tickets a couple of years back were $170 (or $250 if you wanted better seats). I'd be pretty happy to see Rammstein (and all of their ridiculous pyrotechnics) for $100.

I think Rammstein has a lot of people working behind the scenes so you gotta pay for that. To me seeing them is like seeing some sort of metal opera, it's a great experience.

Can you imagine the fucking smell that rig gave off when it was powered up for the first time? Good god that would be orgasmic. Probably smelled like an expensive leather store. I'd be curled up on the floor next to all those recs just soaking up that heavenly hot tube amp smell.

Holy shit. The first time I saw Opeth, it was in 2003, and they played a crappy club with sticky floors. Tickets were $70. Iron Maiden tickets a couple of years back were $170 (or $250 if you wanted better seats). I'd be pretty happy to see Rammstein (and all of their ridiculous pyrotechnics) for $100.

Damn, where do you live? I still have the $17 ticket that I used to see Megadeth + Apocalyptica in 2005 in the same place that this Rammstein gig is going to be.

I´m curious to see which rig sounds better, Richard´s or Paul´s.