people over at rock band are getting sloppy

joeymusicguy

Sep 21, 2006
indiana
www.myspace.com
just heard two mixes for rockband that were overly bass heavy unlike the originals

anyone noticing some bull shit like this?

if you work in this industry, you should be pissed. this represents our work!

yeah but 90% of people just crank the bass and treble on their shitty little hi-fis and dont give a fuck about whether rock band's mix is exactly the same as the cd mix or not
those of us that are total purists and audiophiles (which is basically all of us on this forum) have a reason to be annoyed, but no-one else will care.

I think most of the rockband songs get their bass boosted for the simple reason that you can barely hear the bass in a lot of mixes, and you need to hear it to play it. And instead of EQing it to make it more present they just turn it up and hope you don't have a sub.

Hmm, I've never actually played it, so don't know exactly what songs are on the games.
Can't say I have trouble hearing the bass in a lot of the music I listen too, even on fairly shitty speakers (bar perhaps 'that' Metallica album released in 1988 and most of Master of Puppets:lol:) so I can't really understand why the level of it needs to be turned up.

never owned rock band but played guitar hero a few years ago.

I think they gotta boost the bass... just to give player 2 some incentive to actually the bass.

In certain songs it just blends too much and i guess to enjoy playing bass u gotta hear your actual note.

I dunno just a thought... plus theyre crapping those instrument-based games out more than once a year now... i doubt as much care has been put into them.

Mixes in those games never sounded TOO great though in my opinion anyways.

I have guitar hero 5 , rock band 2 , GH Metallica and they are all pretty fun , especially drums. I think like others said the bass is "boosted" so you can hear what you are playing , the same way how when you play any Justice songs in GH Metallica you can actually hear Newsted. Besides the player basically is gonna customize the mix to his /her liking in the menu anyway , depending on what instrument they like / are playing.

Rock band in general sucks, but to hear about the all of the unnecessary bass in their mixes is pretty disappointing.

yeah but the bass should be boosted if the bass player is signed in and playing the song

but not if the song is just rocking along normal

I´m pretty sure that this is what happens. You only get a loud bass or even vocals if their instrumments are logged.

I like Rock Band. Can´t play most of the stuff on expert, but I always have a blast playing it with friends, and it´s one of the few videogames that my female friends love.

The bass boost never bothered me, mainly cuz I can eq it out of my surround sound if I want to... but I haven't really played Rockband for a while now... I'll be getting RB3 though.. I wants me that Keytar...

-P

I turn my sub up loud enough to hear it down the fucking street.

Can never have too much bass.