Perfect albums

Nothing personal, but this is one of the most uninformed statements I've heard in my entirety of reading this forum.
I don't take anything written on the internet personally.

I suggest that you educate yourself a little further in the genious...
For starters, you might educate yourself well enough to spell the word "genius". Afterwards, you might educate yourself on the definition of the word "overrated".

To set the record straight, I never said the Beatles "sucked" or that they don't hold a significant position in Rock's history. I merely said they're "overrated", which they are.

Anything can be overrated, regardless of its actual import or historical significance. The greatest thing on the face of the earth can be overrated if it is claimed to be the greatest thing in the galaxy. The greatest thing in the galaxy can be overrated if it is claimed to be the greatest thing in the universe. Clearly the Beatles are neither the greatest thing on the earth nor the galaxy. Such an honor would belong to such things as oxygen, water, etc. So clearly, it is quite possible for overzealous Beatles' fans to overstate their importance.

By the way... nothing personal.

Zod

I don't take anything written on the internet personally.

For starters, you might educate yourself well enough to spell the word "genius". Afterwards, you might educate yourself on the definition of the word "overrated".

For the record, I never once said the Beatles "sucked" or that they don't hold a significant position in Rock's history. I merely said they are "overrated", which they are.

Anything can be overrated, regardless of its actual import or historical significance. The greatest thing on the face of the earth can be overrated if it is claimed to be the greatest thing in the galaxy. The greatest thing in the galaxy, can be overrated if it is claimed to be the greatest thing in the universe. Clearly the Beatles are neither the greatest thing on the earth nor the galaxy. Such an honor would belong to such things as oxygen, water, etc. So clearly, it is quite possible, for overzealous Beatles' fans to overstate their importance.

By the way... nothing personal.

Zod

Sorry that I insulted you with my misspelling, I'll try and watch that next time. I will say that it's pretty weak though.

As far as your second paragraph... Your circular logic is silly and completely out of context from my intial post, so I wont comment any further.

Good luck, and I hope it all works out for you.

Sorry that I insulted you with my misspelling, I'll try and watch that next time.
You didn't insult me with your misspelling. I just enjoyed the irony of you suggesting that I needed to be educated, as you misspelled words in that same sentence.

Grammar and spelling aren't something I typically bother to comment on. We're all human, we all make mistakes. However, you chose the tone for this conversation, I merely responded in kind. Had you simply asked why I think the Beatles are overrated, we could have had a completely different dialog.

As far as your second paragraph... Your circular logic is silly and completely out of context from my intial post, so I wont comment any further.
Your initial post claimed, that because I suggested the Beatles are overrated, I needed to "educate myself". My argument, which was by no means circular, was to simply show that anything can be overrated.

Good luck, and I hope it all works out for you.
And you as well.

Zod

Caspian - You Are The Conductor

Hey Burnout, I meant to ask you before and forgot - can you describe the style these guys play? Based on some of the other selections on your list and your prior interest in Drudkh, we have some common tastes. Since I've never heard of Caspian and you think highly enough of them to include them on your perfect album list, color me intrigued.

Thanks!

Jason

Hey Burnout, I meant to ask you before and forgot - can you describe the style these guys play? Based on some of the other selections on your list and your prior interest in Drudkh, we have some common tastes. Since I've never heard of Caspian and you think highly enough of them to include them on your perfect album list, color me intrigued.

Thanks!

Jason

Hey Jason, they were sort of an odd ball inclusion on my part, but I enjoy that EP/album very much. They play instrumental rock/post rock that feels (to me ear) like a mix between Explosions in the Sky and Agalloch's latest disc (minus the vocals). It's pretty mellow stuff, but I enjoy it quite a bit, they have songs from their new full length and that EP here: http://myspace.com/caspiantheband (Further Up and Further In are from You Are The Conductor)

:headbang:

Hey Burnout, I meant to ask you before and forgot - can you describe the style these guys play? Based on some of the other selections on your list and your prior interest in Drudkh, we have some common tastes.
Yep. Burnout is the one who turned me on to Disillusion, a recommendation I then passed on to you, JK and the rest of the RC crew. The credit for that one is all his.

Zod

Hey Jason, they were sort of an odd ball inclusion on my part, but I enjoy that EP/album very much. They play instrumental rock/post rock that feels (to me ear) like a mix between Explosions in the Sky and Agalloch's latest disc (minus the vocals). It's pretty mellow stuff, but I enjoy it quite a bit, they have songs from their new full length and that EP here: http://myspace.com/caspiantheband (Further Up and Further In are from You Are The Conductor)

:headbang:

Ok, thanks - sounds intriguing, but the only instrumental album I've ever been able to get into is the first Malmsteen album, so that one probably wouldn't grab me too much.

Cheers! :kickass:

Jason

Perfect disc start to finish.

Kamelot - The Black Halo
Edguy - Theatre of Salvation
Edguy - Hellfire Club
Stratovarius - Episode
Stratovarius - Destiny
Helloween - Time of the Oath
Helloween - Better then Raw
Mercenary - The Hours that Remain
Blind Guardian - Tales from the Twilight World
Blind Guardian - Somewhere Far Beyond
Blind Guardian - NiME
Blind Guardian - A night at the Opera
Iced Earth - Horror Show
DragonLand - Astronomy
Bloodbound - Nosferatu
Hammerfall - Legacy of Kings
Labyrinth - Return to Heaven Denied
Iron Maiden - The Number of the Beast
Metallica - Master of Puppets
Freedom Call - Eternity
Nightwish - Century Child
Ayreon - The Final Experiment
Ayreon - The Universal Migrator Part 1

To set the record straight, I never said the Beatles "sucked" or that they don't hold a significant position in Rock's history. I merely said they're "overrated", which they are.Zod

I'm curious how you(or anyone) comes to the conclusion that "anything" in this world, or more specifically music, is overrated outside of one's own personal feelings on the subject. There are no statistical measurements to test whether something is overrated, merely opinions. If I were to say The Beatles deliver me everything I could possibly want musical, lyrically, etc., then perhaps I view their rating as appropriate. If they don't deliver, then for me, they are most likely not worthy of whatever rating they've been given. But, for anyone to put forth that a band is overrated, and suggest it as fact, seems foolish.

i cant say i have heard a perfect album...lots have gotten close...and i have seen many on this list...but a perfect album?...im not sure such an animal has or ever can exist as we all have such different taste in music...d.m.

I'm curious how you(or anyone) comes to the conclusion that "anything" in this world, or more specifically music, is overrated outside of one's own personal feelings on the subject.
Who said I was stating anything other than my own opinion? I started that sentence with "If I could make a list...". This is my list, my opinion.

There are no statistical measurements to test whether something is overrated, merely opinions.
Agreed. That's the exact argument I made, in defense of my statement.

But, for anyone to put forth that a band is overrated, and suggest it as fact, seems foolish.
Couldn't agree more.

Zod