Peter leaving

R.I.P. Opeth

Peter and I share sentiments.

yousuckkk.jpg

what are you, the teacher's fucking pet or something? shut the fuck up.

way to immediately contradict yourself within the same post btw.

and feel free to continue dragging this dialog out.

Its been quite some time since I have posted in this forum. Its too bad its been taken over by such immature wasted threads\posts...BUT this is one I feel I should definitely comment on.

When I heard that Martin was finally leaving the band last year I was very upset - I really thought he was an awesome and key member of the band. His fillers are wicked. Now that I hear Peter is leaving too, I am even more upset and kinda getting worried and annoyed by it all.

I'm annoyed because, I wish it never had to happen, I fully understand why Peter is leaving - the lifestyle must be difficult to sustain - its just a shame that Opeth is having to work so hard these days. I'm worried now about how different the band is - but I guess when it all comes down to it - its mostly Mikael's sound anyways - still sad though.

In retrospect I now cherish the Lamentations DVD even more - I'm really happy we were all given a chance to preserve a live concert of the complete and original band like that. I hope Peter had lots of coverage in the new DVD that's apparently in the works.

Thank you very much Lopez and Lindgren - I cherish the eight albums you contributed to.

In retrospect I now cherish the Lamentations DVD even more - I'm really happy we were all given a chance to preserve a live concert of the complete and original band like that.

Umm, not the original band. Certainly a good incarnation, but not the original one.

I think lopez's departure would have more of an impact on Opeth's music than Peter's. But he's a classy and polite guy, so his presence and demeanor will be missed. :(

Absolutely heartbroken when i read this news......peter is my fkn hero. Sux that my first opeth concert (if they ever do come down to melbourne again) wil be with out the classic opeth lineup. Oh well, Fredrik is also an amazing musician and i hope he will help opeth to keep writing kick arse music.

I think lopez's departure would have more of an impact on Opeth's music than Peter's. But he's a classy and polite guy, so his presence and demeanor will be missed. :(

Totally agree with you here man, Peter is really a classy guy......u never see him getin hammered or swearing in any of the dvds/documentary's

its going to be weird to watch the DVD and see peter, but know that he's not in the band anymore

i wonder if there's any interviews on the new DVD or footage like on the bonus ghost reveries or lamentations? i definitely hope so :kickass:

Absolutely heartbroken when i read this news......peter is my fkn hero. Sux that my first opeth concert (if they ever do come down to melbourne again) wil be with out the classic opeth lineup. Oh well, Fredrik is also an amazing musician and i hope he will help opeth to keep writing kick arse music.

same here man... he is a fkn hero and will be missed! :cry: but the new guitarist will hopfully fill his shoes and be another axe-wielder for legendary opeth!

Wow - I wanted to resurrect this thread for one sec...

I wasn't a member of this forum when Peter left Opeth - but let me just say the news of his departure floored me!
As much as Mike ably drives this bus, I always felt Peter played a very important part in the band as well...

So imagine my surprise after reading this posting - where it seems a large number of you were saying things like, 'aw, that's too bad - hey, godspeed buddy' and 'oh really? Hmmm.... " and shit like this!

Sure, a few of you seemed shocked like me - but WHAT WAS NOT SHOCKING ABOUT THIS NEWS!?!?
I'm jus sayin is all

It's going to become tr00 what Lopez said in Lamentations " The guys, they're like polar bears"...NOw they're building a little igloo