peter lindgren

They advise companies on how they can use technology to meet their objectives. Sometimes they will install the computer systems too, but usually they only give advise and think of ways to make it happen.

Actually, it depends. Some IT consultants do that. Some code software and/or install it on the customers servers. Some do other stuff that relates to Information Technology. It's a quite wide term.

In civilized modern western society, men are expected to keep their hair short.

Therefore, any man who doesn't keep their hair short is either a rock star, a vagrant, a redneck or a geek who doesn't have hygiene high on their check list.

Only one of the above is considered a good thing.

There's also the 'guru/spiritual man' thing, but only a few can pull it off and get pussy at the same time. [sarcasm]And we all know that a straight man's existence is meaningless without pussy.[/sarcasm]

that is not true. Are these people nerds?

CaptainMorgan.jpg

conan.jpg

p_ronaldinho.jpg

Men with long hair are usually considered powerful and self-standing. Prior to 19th century men with long hair had the priviledge of having a long hair, those with lesser civilian rights were forced to have short hair.

Maybe you should check again. Maybe opeth jumped out from the past. Why do they have long hair? Are they not epic? Are they not Metal?

yeah but last time i checked we don't live prior to the 19th century

What I mean is that during our history the time short hair has been considered a standard for men, is very short. And, besides, not only in Europe. Weren't Chinese men to have long hair as well until the Republic of China was formed.

The short-hair standard for men is still applied a lot today. Even more in suburbs. People in metropolis care less about it. The irony is that history shows that, like Iki said, it was fine during all the History. But I guess this is just because of ridiculous ethics (most ethics are ridiculous...) that people in my city (or anywhere?) stare at me like if I wasn't human. Be close-minded is a common trend in countries like mine. I'm not gothic or wearing particularly flashy clothes, just natural long hair, dot. Anyway, I don't get the stupidity of man.

*Should start a new thread about that subjects instead of posting here, sorry.

ohh ! same here ! People never stop telling me "shave that girly hair" or "your hooked with the western culture, u wanna grow up ur hair like them, ain't for men, it's only for girls" , but dude, look back to the history and see how the bravest men of the arabic history looked like? with fucking long hair !!!! omg ! Educate ur fucking self !!

Yeah sometime, during summer, some douches in Civics yell at me : "Va te couper les cheveux tabarnaque", which means "Go cut your damn hair!"... can you believe a girl once told me that (still in cars.. damn pussies).

There should be a thread "Long hair anecdotes". hexwind, you're good at starting threads, go ahead ;).