Pharaoh street team

Nov 18, 2006
Don't know if anyone here has the time or inclination, but Pharaoh (Tim, really) is building a street team to basically demand that record stores carry us, radio stations play us, and, if the antecedent is ever set to "true", people turn up for the shows. Fans who produce results are rewarded with CDs, shirts, stickers, etc.

I'm not really involved... but you could be!

The Official Pharaoh Street Team :: Index

There's always talk. From some Germans especially, but a few Americans too. For the band, it's a priority that comes and goes. Some offers/invites will probably come in the next couple of months with next summer's festival bills filling up. We'll see though, since we're supposed to be recording the new album around that time, whether it makes any sense to do something.

Germany? That would be so cool! If anybody is interested at all, then I guess it must be the true-true metal clientele of Headbanger's Open Air or Keep It True. You should play at least KIT, because it's not so far for me to drive, haha...

I guess spreading the word refers to the US, as there is no way to get German radio stations to play metal, and there is no such thing as underground radio - maybe just a one-hour metal show here and there after midnight once a week?

A lot of these festivals pretend they have no money, which is highly annoying.

"We can provide one hotel room, no airfare, food, or money to play. hope you can make it! thanks a lot & keep metal alive."

That Headbanger's Open Air takes place in the organisators back garden with a truck as stage, so you better believe there is not much money involved. This festival is actually not sponsored by any magazine or company officially (as opposed to KIT, which is an offshoot of the Bang Your Head makers), but it gets mentioned positively everywhere for its neat organisation and friendly treatment of those involved, so I don't know.
I see though, that it is bad to travel thus far and have no real place to sleep, eat and wash.