Photography and Art Topic!

Here are some photos from our trip to Vermont last weekend for Fall Foliage season. There's more in my Facebook album, but don't know if you need an account to see them. Will upload them to my website later this week.

72139_1559144190311_1586465233_31382780_6441044_n.jpg

72396_1559143270288_1586465233_31382774_1934125_n.jpg

72396_1559143310289_1586465233_31382775_4811636_n.jpg

69332_1559167630897_1586465233_31382808_2108050_n.jpg

72396_1559143230287_1586465233_31382773_5112686_n.jpg

72396_1559143350290_1586465233_31382776_1009080_n.jpg

Hey, guys. I've been contacted by a guitar tech for one of the bands I photographed over the summer. The amp company that sponsors the guitarist wants some of my shots for web and print ads. Got any advice on pricing? Certainly don't want to get greedy as I only have one paying customer right now, but don't want to really low ball it. There has also been the suggestion they may use me for a couple east coast dates on an upcoming tour with better returns possible.

The few particulars I have it that it will be between 3-4 high rez shots depending on the designer, space etc. for print and then also used on web. Any advice, opinions?

I am looking at a Canon EOS Rebel T1i. Anyone have any thoughts on that body? Found what seems to be a good deal for the starter kit, $749.

I have a buddy who is a photographer and he shoots with a very high end camera ( can't think of the model # but I recall him saying it was a $ 4000.00 canon) but purchased a T1i as a back up body and loves it. In fact, he has been shooting with the T1 more often then his "main" body.

Ok, I just got the call tonight that the executive of this company wants to talk to me tomorrow about purchasing these photos. Got any input? I'll Google like crazy tomorrow but hope to have some input from you guys.

Ok, I just got the call tonight that the executive of this company wants to talk to me tomorrow about purchasing these photos. Got any input? I'll Google like crazy tomorrow but hope to have some input from you guys.

I don't have any experience selling my own photos, but you might be able to glean some useful information from this forum.

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23

Good Luck!

Where will your photos be published, how long will you release the rights for them, to what publications, and how often will they be used in print?

Frankly, for Web [2x3" print size], I give my stuff away to lesser known bands. If it's to be used in print, I typically offer my photos for $50 a pop, and I lowball HARD. If this is a job that could have future relationships, and this is just something to make money on the side, and they're going to run the print in multiple media streams, I don't think 50-100$ would be too much to ask, but try to let them come to YOU with an offer and know they're going to lowball their budget.

They'll probably counter you as well, but if they expressed specific interest in buying them, I'd imagine they have a budget for it. Be sure to ask for photo credit in print too.

Also do research too, take everything I say with a grain of salt. :)

Where will your photos be published, how long will you release the rights for them, to what publications, and how often will they be used in print?

Frankly, for Web [2x3" print size], I give my stuff away to lesser known bands.
It's a well-known, upper level band and the amp company is one of the majors. I was going to go the route you suggested, so thanks for the confirmation. I'll let you know how it goes.

Ok, I've enjoyed the many years I've spent doing concert photography. I've had some incredible experiences taking photos in amazing venues all over the world and meeting so many cool people. While I'm not giving it up, I found the time has come to re-invent myself and my career. Have to admit, I'm a little tired of people thinking that a chance to "party with the band" is payment for a professional photo shoot.

So...

After reviewing the market and opportunities, I've launched a real estate photography business. New Jersey is the most densely populated state in the country and even in a slow market, there's a lot of opportunities out there.

Today, I launched my new photography business. I did the first of many photo shoots for a client that has a number of properties on the market and many other contacts to share. As a wise, well-seasoned photo pro told me, every job leads to another. Today I took all the campaign photos for my client and his running mates for a local elections. Opportunities abound!

I'll never give up music photography, but in this age of diminished value for journalists, it's heartening to see that I can indeed establish a new career and a new business that will take me out of the current economic slump.

So, check out my new page linked to my signature. I have many ideas and updates planned for the site, but your criticisms for this version one will be totally appreciated. Thanks!