Photography and Art Topic!

Just got back from my first trip to Europe...so I had to add a few pics to this thread!

Roger Federer - Quarterfinal match at Wimbledon:
100B3043-1.jpg

Serena Williams - Quarterfinal match at Wimbledon:
100B2900.jpg

Lucerne, Switzerland:
100_0630.jpg

Another one of Lucerne:
100_2487.jpg

Parliament & Big Ben, London (taken from the London Eye):
100_2692.jpg

Nice pictures! So I take it you're a big pro tennis fan?

Yep, I've wanted to go to Wimbledon since I was 16. I'm 41 now, and FINALLY made it happen. Hopefully, my next major life goal won't take 25 years to accomplish! :lol:

LUNA - color me JEALOUS... I LONG to see Europe... it's callin' me man!!!! And you got to see Federer play!?!?!?! That is just totally AWESOME... Too bad Nadal was out with his knee injury; but that match Rodick and Federer had was bloody amazing...

This is probably the greatest pic I've ever taken...

A couple from the same night:

And a couple pieces of my Art (but my best piece is on my MySpace):

Wow, your Lucerne shots are splendid ~ thanks for sharing!

~ Jen

Thanks! I originally wasn't that excited about 2 nights in Lucerne...I figured I'd use the time to catch up on my sleep. But the town is lovely. All the buildings are beautiful and have soooo much character...unlike Phoenix, where pretty much every building looks like a big, ugly box. So I had to wait until I got home to catch up on sleep! :lol:

LUNA - color me JEALOUS... I LONG to see Europe... it's callin' me man!!!! And you got to see Federer play!?!?!?! That is just totally AWESOME... Too bad Nadal was out with his knee injury; but that match Rodick and Federer had was bloody amazing...

And a couple pieces of my Art (but my best piece is on my MySpace):

JenniferLynn - Color us "even" -- because I wish I had your artistic talent. Beautiful pieces! Yes, I was VERY disappointed about Nadal not playing...but I did take about 200 shots of him when I attended the U.S. Open in 2007. :oops: :lol:

Photos taken with my trusty Nikon N80. It was bought used, so it's kind of old, but I love it all the same. Any of you photographers with any experience, I would certainly appreciate your input on how good/crappy these photos are. I'm a novice in the most literal sense of the word.

CicadaShed.jpg

Flowers5.jpg

Magnolia.jpg

Kitties1.jpg

I lied, this one was taken with my digital point and shoot:
Hollyhock.jpg

It is indeed. I like my digital point and shoot for convenience, but I love having physical photos.

I have a Cannon point and shoot film camera too. I haven't used that since last year's ProgPower. I'm trying to decide if I want to use that, or the Nikon this year. The Nikon is bulkier, but is faster and takes better pictures.

A "wrapped" bus in Helsinki
Nice Esa! I was just browsing this thread a bit and have to say I was rather surprised to find a photo of this bus I see almost every day downtown Helsinki right near the main train station where the pic is from too :) Let me know if you're around here again one day and want to go for a beer/dinner/whatever and share how the last few PPs have been for you.

I thought you all might appreciate this. The artist is Sergei Mikhailovich
Prokudin-Gorskii, a Russian photographer who took these images between 1907 and 1915. He took three photographs of the same subject. He used a different filter when taking each photograph (red, blue, & green). He then used the same filters when creating slide projections of the images. The result is probably the first color photographs ever. The Library of Congress now owns the collection and they have digitally done the same thing to create prints of his images. Here's the collection of images:
http://www.loc.gov/exhibits/empire/object.html

Here's the main page with more information:
http://www.loc.gov/exhibits/empire/

That was taken with the Rebel XTi, with the 24-70mm F2.8L. Like esa said, it's not right out of the camera, obviously, but it wasn't the Dragen Effect either. That's cool, but I don't know if I have the patience to do it lol.

I just applied a super-strong unsharp mask to the picture and played with the saturation/vibrance of the raw, and then fiddled with the levels to get the look you see. :)