Photography and Art Topic!

I agree. that is some fantastic work on the guitar. Did you stensil it or is that all freehand? I've been thinking about doing some computer case painting myself.

Anyway, here's some of those pics from hiking yesterday:

A friend of mine, against a mountain/city backdrop. I wish the camera would've done a-dep a bit better, but I'm learning how to use the new lens.

2874275491_6f8fa75ac0.jpg

At the top of the hike, a ledge overlooks the city facing west. It's a great view.

2875943766_a705dfc3e7.jpg

Speaking of a great view, here's a feel for how big Phoenix actually is. (I love photoshop to make panorama's... going to try this at a sporting event.)

2878087526_099be287f5_b.jpg

More bars, more places etc

2877995576_94c42f72ef.jpg

Again, learning the nuances of the new lens, but the super high /f stop means I get to take close to freeze frame pictures. A little fine tuning and I'll get pretty good at it, I think.

2878311938_8e15ea3c6a_o.jpg

Gonna say... reminds me of the view of Phoenix from South Mountain. I was up there in the fall of 1999 with a friend of mine who works in TV & radio engineering and saw a couple of TV stations that are up on the top (just as when they were installing the high-def transmitters).

I agree. that is some fantastic work on the guitar. Did you stensil it or is that all freehand? I've been thinking about doing some computer case painting myself.
[/IMG]

my friend is an artist, he made the stencils, and i painted/cleared everything, i laid out the plan for everything and pretty much coordinated the project. put it this way, i cant draw for shit haha, i needed him to do the stuff that required artistic ability, cause i could never do it on my own.

i used the stuff i used to paint cars with, all the paint on it is automotive paint, still worked out good though.

Cool deal, I'll start going through that thread now heh.

Another Phoenix resident here! Be sure and post your arrival info on the "Arrival Times" thread as well.

I'm currently wondering if I should bring my ski coat for the 60-70 degree temps. :lol:

Another Phoenix resident here! Be sure and post your arrival info on the "Arrival Times" thread as well.

I'm currently wondering if I should bring my ski coat for the 60-70 degree temps. :lol:

Haha! I honestly didn't remember if that type of weather was cold or not :lol:

Went hiking today in Flagstaff Arizona, I have some cool shots to share when I get them processed (much less work than the PP photos, thankfully.). I still can't seem to always get that clear sharp image when i'm doing portraits that I want. Anyway, a shot of Mount Humphry (I think.) Also, it was fucking COLD up there today.

2934908800_bbc3874ebc.jpg

edit: one more because it's so damned cool:

2932446161_5108236ab5.jpg

^---no processing on this one.

Spiffy. You know I've been in Phoenix for like 4 years now and I have never gone up to Flagstaff. Maybe I'll go this winter. I've never tried Skiing before.

Nailz, I know from another post that you shoot with a xti. I am looking to get a Digital Rebel although I know little about them. What is the main differences in the xti and xs or xsi other than mega pixels?