Photography and Art Topic!

Wow, I really like your writing. The Uninspired poem.. it's very interesting. To create something that tells about how there is nothing to create. That seems to be poetic itself :)

Insomnia

Good night
Abundant I repeated in my sleepless weary head
Yet still I lie awake upon this single dreary bed
My eyes, the poor, support me still awake
And my thoughts, crisp and dead - for goodness sake
And out of resting spite did I say:
Once again, “good night” - as awake I lay.

© Vanessa De Campos.
February 12, 2008

I like it.

Insomnia

Good night
Abundant I repeated in my sleepless weary head
Yet still I lie awake upon this single dreary bed
My eyes, the poor, support me still awake
And my thoughts, crisp and dead - for goodness sake
And out of resting spite did I say:
Once again, “good night” - as awake I lay.

© Vanessa De Campos.
February 12, 2008

Cool, Me Likey...

I took this with the camera on my Blackberry:
081207BikeRide.jpg

You took this with your Crackberry?... it came out really cool...

I've been lurking around for a good U/W camera, and I did find the Pentax Optio W30, but there may be something better out there on a dilettante's budget.

I bought a Canon PowerShot A710IS for its UW video/photo capabilities for Australia snorkeling. Excellent overall camera. Need to buy a dedicated UW housing but all buttons are accessible, if I remember correctly.

I used a daguerreotype filter on this one (taken at a cemetery in Battle Creek, MI; cemetery photography is my addiction) & love how it turned out.

9731f090d8665798a482102213ed1956.png

Here are some pictures from a couple of months ago while I was doing some electronics testing for my employer. :)

This is a picture of the USS Milius (DDG-69), an Aegis destroyer, taken in the middle of the Pacific Ocean somewhere off the coast of Hawaii.

uss_milius_ddg69.jpg

Here's a picture of the USS Arizona memorial, as seen from Pearl Harbor (we were coming in to port).

uss_arizona_memorial.jpg

And finally, here's a shot of Waimea Canyon, high atop the island of Kauai in Hawaii.

WaimeaCanyon.jpg

Wow, nice shots, Dave and Jax!

I got a few videos at Dragon*Con that came out much better than I expected....don't know if I'd call it 'art,' but I was surprised. :) Try to select the high-quality viewing option, as it's MUCH crisper.

The Cruxshadows, "Dragonfly"

The Cruxshadows, "Marilyn My Bitterness" (with Steve and Donna of Ego Likeness...last song of the set, for reasons that are kinda obvious at the end... :) )

Ego Likeness "I Live On What's Left" -- taken from the back, but it came out sounding pretty and I tried to keep the shaky-hands to a minimum:

For all the vids (posted so far): http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=FB3E75A13042700D

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are some pictures from a couple of months ago while I was doing some electronics testing for my employer. :)

Oh, I *hope* you mean that you were using your employer's camera while you were on vacation...and NOT that you were getting paid to be in Hawaii. 'Cause then I would have to hate you. :lol:

Great pics!

Cool, what did you use for this one?

I've been lurking around for a good U/W camera, and I did find the Pentax Optio W30, but there may be something better out there on a dilettante's budget. :) (I've been having fun with the underwater video abilities of the W30 of late; see here for some examples.)

I just had a disposable for my underwater pics, it gave me a quite a few cools shots...

Cool videos dude...

I just had a disposable for my underwater pics, it gave me a quite a few cools shots...

Yep, I've been frankly astonished in the past at how well some underwater shots from disposable u/w cameras come out. Although they've become somewhat harder to find, I think the Fuji u/w disposables are slightly better than Kodak's at rendering more vivid, vibrant color....plus I prefer their shutter 'latch' over Kodak's trickier button.

Here are some examples from my trips up to Blue Hole in Tennessee:

http://jet13.hasweb.com/~paulcas/bh05/ <-- the first and last sets were taken with a u/w disposable, possibly a Kodak; the middle were with a conventional Kodak digital

http://jet13.hasweb.com/~paulcas/bh-2004a/ <-- definitely taken with a Fuji...note the pics are a bit crisper overall

http://jet13.hasweb.com/~paulcas/ww-rafting/fuji/ <-- also with a Fuji (except for the two rafting pics, lol)

Cool videos dude...

Thanks! I've still got a few left to upload...including a remote-controlled dirigible attack on Abney Park (they wanna be all airships and steampunk, we'll give 'em an airship :)) and some completely-against-the-rules-but-who-cares-it-was-Monday plastic swordplay on the Concourse. :)

Oh, I *hope* you mean that you were using your employer's camera while you were on vacation...and NOT that you were getting paid to be in Hawaii. 'Cause then I would have to hate you. :lol:

No, but my employer paid for my trip to and from Hawaii (air fare to San Diego, then a 10 day ride on a refueling ship to Hawaii). But I took a week's worth of vacation after I arrived in Honolulu and paid for my own hotels, rental car and air fare to get to/from Oahu and Kauai. And I used my own camera (Canon Rebel Xti)

Great pics!

Thanks! :)