Photography and Art Topic!

Pellaz, for what ever reason those videos aren't loading over here.

What error message are you getting?

I've found that sometimes I get the "sorry, no longer available" message and then I'll try to load the same video again and it's fine. Kinda weird.

This one I took in Pisa during my Eurotrip:

2404060077_06efb69143_o.jpg

Great pic!

They have other things in Pisa besides a defective tower? :lol:

No, but my employer paid for my trip to and from Hawaii (air fare to San Diego, then a 10 day ride on a refueling ship to Hawaii).

OK, I guess I can't begrudge you the free transportation since it took you 10 days to get there! :lol:

I see them now. They just simply wouldn't load last night. But now at work it's fine. So Dragon*Con is that band? I have seen that name mentioned here before but I never knew exactly what it was. Cool. I like them.

No, Dragon*Con is a 40,000-person event; I just got lots of videos of some of the bands who performed there.

If you do a search on YouTube for "Dragoncon 2008" or similar, you'll find vids of everything from discussion panels to the parade.
Yes, we have a parade. The Atlanta police actually close roads and stop traffic for a bunch of geeks. :lol: :kickass:

OK, I guess I can't begrudge you the free transportation since it took you 10 days to get there! :lol:

The first 4 days we were doing testing of our equipment. The other 6 days we were bored to tears waiting to arrive in Pearl Harbor. We did have satellite TV for some of the time, and when we were out of range we had movies. But you can only watch so many movies before you go stir crazy. :loco:

At least we *DID* have Internet - but it was VERY slow!

Well, I forgot my camera battery for the nightwish show, so no pictures. However, I did find a picture on flickr taken from Dragon'Con... I thought of Pellaz, so I figured I'd post it for the lulz.

2822774896_460445db63_b.jpg

What a cool topic, and some great pics.

I'm definitely an amateur photographer, but I use the rule of taking tons of pics to get a few good ones. Here are some interesting ones I've taken over the last few years. Some are with my old Canon G3, and the rest with my current Canon IS3.

At a conservatory in Cincinnati. I've always thought these things were pretty evil looking close up.

150_5082.jpg

My wife watching a Jamaican sunset

190ScotchBonnetSilouhette.jpg

A very evil looking crow in Japan

2007Japan_1500.jpg

A Japanese garden

2007Japan_1885.jpg

Yellowtail snappers in front of a wreck in Key Largo. A year later in Cozumel my camera housing flooded, ruining my G3. That taught me the lesson to have a separate dive and surface camera

SnapperonWreck.jpg

Okay, I didn't take this one, but it was cool enough to post. That's a nurse shark nibbling on my fin. It eventually went away, and I got some good close ups

StevewithShark.jpg

Baby birds under a store awning in Kyoto, Japan. The weird part was that some locals were grilling suspiciously similar looking birds right next door

2007Japan_2058.jpg

Alaska, 2006. Eagles were everywhere.

20060729_2006July20-Aug1Alaska_0697.jpg

More Alaska - we went on a secluded bear watch and saw about 20 bears feasting on Salmon. We were about 30 feet away. That was awesome

20060729_2006July20-Aug1Alaska_0619.jpg

My all time favorite pic. This was taken on a miniature golf course in West Palm Beach. 1) No, I didn't put the pencil there, but it gives it a great perspective. 2) Note that there are two lizards in the photo. 3) They aren't wrestling! A friend of mine blew this up and framed it for me. It's hanging in my kitchen. Yes, I have lizards having sex in my kitchen

103_0358.jpg

Sorry to post so many. Hope you enjoyed.

Steve in Philly

Wow, those shots are awesome! I just uploaded a few more myself to my flickr account, so I'll share them here

I got tired of playing around with this in photoshop, so while it's not quite accurate or perfect, it's still kind of a neat shot, with the sun framed by the plant..

2862091776_a7764c56d9.jpg

This is one of the streets of San Francisco. Pretty cool. I like the hill in the background.

2867458244_0058028aec.jpg

Nailz I love those pics ^^

Thanks, I should have some more forthcoming this weekend. We just went on a somewhat difficult hike up a mountain that overlooks the city from all sides. Took about 100 pictures, I imagine I'll get about 7 good ones. Lol!

Jax, thats so cool. I love that kind of scenery, but never have an oppertunity to shoot them.

Jax, thats so cool. I love that kind of scenery, but never have an oppertunity to shoot them.

I got lucky on this one..was shooting one of my favorite cemeteries & the sky was just this amazing blue..never did catch the true color of the sky in any of my pics, but did get some cool shots like this one. :)

me and a friend put our skills together to paint a guitar.

this is the picture we got the idea from
Drowning-Saxophone.jpg

here are finish products:

my.php

my.php

some work still needs to be done to it, the tuning pegs mainly.