Pick one band and say what you think they're OVERRATED

Grindcore is for faggots
actually...now that you say it.

Fear, Emptiness, Despair. A great fucking album. It's often overlooked by ND 'fans' that only pay attention to the first three LPs.
Yeah, that's the one. Frizbees, Emptiness, Despair. Excellent metal album. I'd be curious to hear why some people feel they're overrated as they were a great grindcore band and evolved really well and... oh, sorry, said all that already.

Okay. Does anyone want to tackle Iron Maiden ? Being at least a bit overrated ? Iron Maiden ? Anybody ?

Maiden is about appropriately rated. Does Steve Harris sometimes rehash chord progressions and repeat choruses too often? Sure. Were they as innovative as Sabbath or Priest? Nah. Did they still manage the strongest five album run in metal history? Absolutely.

They were far ahead of everyone else in the NWOBHM outside of Venom, and served as an important influence on power and thrash metal alike, established a significant amount of metal imagery and tropes, all the while continuing to inspire kids to pick up instruments to this day.

I will say that their reunion stuff is pretty overrated though.

Maiden is about appropriately rated. Does Steve Harris sometimes rehash chord progressions and repeat choruses too often? Sure. Were they as innovative as Sabbath or Priest? Nah. Did they still manage the strongest five album run in metal history? Absolutely.

They were far ahead of everyone else in the NWOBHM outside of Venom, and served as an important influence on power and thrash metal alike, established a significant amount of metal imagery and tropes, all the while continuing to inspire kids to pick up instruments to this day.

I will say that their reunion stuff is pretty overrated though.
mmmmm ehhh.
I'm willing to concede you might be closer to the truth, but as far as my true opinion goes, I don't believe it one second. I think they're, like, powerfully overrated. I totally understand some bands are essential just by how influential and innovative at a particular time they might've been... but after that, it's just a matter of listening to the music itself as if separated from its chronological/cultural/philosophical context, and I mean, you can be a fan of Dickinson yelling in that mic' (because he does yell) and have a soft spot for melodic hard rock with elements of metal, and sure there's really good song writing going on on many occasions, but the whole mystique built around them is just metal folklore as far as I'm concerned, and not earned. At least not as highly rated as they actually are.

Have you ever felt that, when you're listening to them for a while, it sounds like loud hard rock instrumentally with just wayyyy too much Bruce Dickinson absolutely yelling into the mic ? In some friend's car, by yourself on YouTube some night... and there's like this instinctive feel that like "boy this just isn't worth the effort" or, it's not worth being spent too much time on ?
Just laying out how I feel about em.

Death, the band, they fkng SUCKK

Its like saying TechnicalBarbarity in a mirror three times in a row.

57dYHiD.gif

People who are so weak that they'd try to even imply that Venom is merely a footnote in metal history are obviously not grounded in reality. That is a ludicrous and totally revisionist statement to make even if you dislike the band.

Reactions: viewerfromnihil
"Ozzman made fun of a dead guy. What an outrage. I guess I'll post about how much of an outrage it is even though I don't like him or care about what he posts thereby actually caring about it. Better yet I'll report his posts since his posts I care so little about actually triggered me so now I must care about what he posts." - Literally everyone here except for like 4 people.

I don't know who that is

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Christopher

upload_2018-7-30_12-6-34.png

Play on his tag team name. Other people off this board found my joke funny. Whatever.

but has making fun of people who just died become one of your new hobbies

I have a Hulk Hogan 9/11 meme that was created literally like a year after that happened so this isn't something new or anything. The meme is not something I created. I steal memes like most other people.

Last edited: