Planetary Confinement

'expire' is the best and most ambitious of the lot. time will tell yis stupid, stupid kunts eh haha

Don Corleone said:
it's such a big surprise to see you guys put saviour over LO. i guess it doesnt appeal to most of you.

i had opened threads about this long ago...LO is much darker, much more mature then saviour. while saviour's most songs are straightforward, the ones on LO have irony and distaste...

while saviour's tracks are excellent all the same, and each is track is very unique on its own, im a listener who prefers concept over individual songs...and i believe building a concept requires better musicianship and of course lots and lots of belle lettres...great lyrics

i always thought (age-wise) older forum members here would put lights out over saviour. but then im wrong, eh?

I listen to and like Saviour as a whole, so I don't really see your point. I'd agree that the overall flow of the album isn't as smooth as it's the case with LO, still I think it's better. What age (or perhaps implied: maturity) would have to do with it I don't know.

Wow, I'm even surprised at how many actually prefer saviour over lights out - right on, good to see...I actually thought "I" was the only one here, in all honesty.

The one song that seems to be on par with the best of saviour, is "Dream" - excellent track! Damn I love those female vocals...and yeah, I LOVE "Everything You know Is Wrong" & The Art of a Soft Landing."

So far, from what I have heard of Legions, it is on track in surpassing Lights Out I say, but then again, it is one track.

I don't think LO is disappointing in any sense of the word, I just simply prefer Saviour over it. LO may be an interesting concept, but the melodies aren't strong enough to win me over, overall.

Snow2fall: yep, those 2 tracks are probably the two best imo as well...excellent songwriting and the tunes totally stick around (at least for us.)

Saviour has superior songwriting - The melodies and vocals are more pronounced, and the album has a varied flavor to it. it took me a while to really understand Lights Out, I don't think it surpasses saviour, but it has a very unique whispery dark vibe to it, almost soundtrack-ish in many ways, I've grown to love it. From what i've heard of the new one (that would be Legions) it's going to be more organic and really dark, I can't wait for this release! when is the proper release date?