Plastic.

I had a shitload of vinyl that a "friend" stole and sold once he discovered he liked heroin a lot...probably 400+ albums....i've got a few left...mainly shrapnel stuff and a few prize Zappa albums.

More dynamics, less volume. But hey, just turn the speakers up. That equals same volume, more dynamics. Most of those I listed are stereo too. Even the mono ones sound great. How can I say more dynamics when theoretically, the information capacity on a CD far exceeds that on a standard thickness LP? Because the modern digital studio overcompresses so much to make albums loud and punchy, that the dB spectrum is actually less than the 96dB average spread on vinyl. Put simply: yes, technically it IS better, but they don't utilize it correctly. But there's another factor: Digital media consists of samples. You can only have 1 or 0, and those samples increase in accurately representing the original sound as you increase the rate of sampling. This resolution can nearly mimic an analog waveform at very high sample rates. (Like DVDA or SACD) But not at CD resolution (16 bit, 44.1khz, or say a 192bit mp3) The final factor is the behavior of power amplifier stages. Analog amplifier circuits crank out odd harmonics, and digital circuits stress even ones. That has an effect on the tone coming out, obviously the on/off effects of tubes aren't really important in this kind of setup because once you've turned on the stereo, it stays on. No channel switching. However, because of all the other factors I've mentioned, I think vinyl is a strong and viable media for music, competitive with CDs even today. Tapes do suck, 8tracks were better but still suck.
5.1 digital sound is overrated.

Proul: U2 is an amazing band. There's not a band on that list I don't like.

CantoX: Elvis rules.

If they keep compressing CDs to the point were I can't listen to them, I think I'll switch to vinyl!:)

The Allman Brothers - Eat a Peach
Steppenwolf - For Ladies Only - interesting inside photo, music pretty much sucked as I recall
Blind Faith

I wonder if Sigur Rós is on vinyl... or Panzerballett, man that would rule. I should check out the world and jazz sections more thoroughly next time I hit the store.

I wonder if Sigur Rós is on vinyl... or Panzerballett, man that would rule. I should check out the world and jazz sections more thoroughly next time I hit the store.

I believe Sigut Ros is. I have a record shop right by my house that has a few of their records.

Just got today, for a total of $30:

Bruce Springsteen - Born In The USA
Don Henley - I Can't Stand Still
Kansas - Point of Know Return
U2 - The Joshua Tree
David Bowie - Changes 2LP Clear

Hows Point of No Return ? Been along time, I need to get that (on CD). Went through a Masque/Leftoverature binge last month, specific select songs still amaze me.

are there great Journey songs that did not get the beat to death air play and are not quite so popish ?

Just got a ton of shit, mostly in a 'lot' of 70s, so some of these are awesome and some of them suck. Will sort them out and sell the crap ones later :lol:

Al Green - Let's Stay Together
Atlantic Rhythm & Blues 1947-1974 Vol 2 1952-1955, Vol 6 1966-1969 (3LP). This one kicks.
BJ Thomas - BJ! (What a name) :lol:
Bobby Vinton - Melodies of Love. Sounds like one to sell.
Decade Of Gold. (70s)
Diana Ross & The Supremes - Greatest Hits (2LP). A keeper.
Disco Party. (This just has to be good) :lol:
Donna Summer - On The Radio: Greatest Hits Volume 1 & 2 (2LP). Nice.
The Eagles - The Long Run. Nice.
The Eagles - Their Greatest Hits 1971-1975. Sweet.
Eruption - Eruption. Earth Wind & Fire kind of stuff. With a naked chick on the cover. In flames.
Ethel Merman - The Ethel Merman Disco Album. Supposedly rare. Maybe for a reason?
Evita (2LP). Don't cry for Antonio Banderas. One of the few musicals I like.
Foreigner - Foreigner. \m/
The Gap Band - Gap Gold. Haven't listened to this one yet.
Kenny Rogers - Greatest Hits. Reuben James, The Gambler, Long Arm Of The Law, good. Lady = no, stop now.
Kooky Toones. Definitely kooky. Selling.
Natalie Cole - Inseperable. Nice.
The Ritchie Family - Brazil. Haven't played this one yet.
Roberta Flack - Killing Me Softly. The original is still the best.
Rockin' 70s. Bob Marley et al. This one rocks indeed.
The Rolling Stones - Hot Rocks '64-'71. Keeping it.
Rush - All The World's A Stage (2LP). Yes. I mean, Rush.
Saturday Night Fever (2LP). Oh my god. Hahaha
Steppin' Out - Disco's Greatest Hits. Haven't played this one yet.
The Tavares - The Best Of. Who are the Tavares?
The Village People - The Village People. Hahha. Yeah.
The Who - Who's Next. And now we have almost all The Who.

yo... kenny boy... Im starting to get a little bit concerned.... you admit to these.... lol have you no shame

speaking of musicals, I just saw "Hair" (movie) a few weeks back... that thing is freaky, must be I never saw it before cause I dont see how I would have forgot about it... very strange indeed

I'm kind of a noob vinyl collector but I'll post what I've got so far (out of order sorry):

The Sword- Age of Winters (clear)
Sunn O))) and Boris- Altar (white)
Boris- Pink (deep red)
Snoop Doggy Dogg- Doggystyle
Sleep- Dopesmoker
Earth- Hibernaculum
Dr. Dre- The Chronic
Symphony X- Paradise Lost (orange..are they all this color?)
Do Make Say Think- Winter Hymn, Country Hymn, Secret Hymn
Do Make Say Think- You, You're A History in Rust
Agalloch- Ashes Against the Grain (orange)
Yngwie Malmsteen- Odyssey
Grandmaster Flash and Furious Five- The Message
Ulver- Shadows of the Sun (clear)
Godspeed You! Black Emperor- Slow Riot For Zero Kanadu
" " " - Yanqui U.X.O.
" " " - Lift Your Skinny Fists...
" " " - F#A#(infinity)
Porcupine Tree- Fear of a Blank Planet
Medeski Martin and Wood- Note Bleu
Ice Cube- Death Certificate
Ice Cube- Amerikkka's Most Wanted
Ice Cube- Lethal Injection
ELP- Brain Salad Surgery
Electric Wizard- Let Us Prey
Mahavishnu Orchestra- Birds of Fire
Vinnie Moore- Time Odyssey
Vinnie Moore- Mind's Eye
Explosions in the Sky- The Earth is not a Cold Dead Place
Original Soundtrack- Saturday Night Fever
Dire Straits- Dire Straits
Weather Report- Heavy Weather
Misfits- Legacy of Brutality
Doobie Brothers- Best of the Doobies
Parliament- Mothership Connection
Iron Maiden- Number of the Beast
Tony Macalpine- Edge of Insanity
Joe Satriani- Surfing with the Alien
Loudness- Thunder in the East

And a few others I didn't feel like posting :)

edit: And how could I forget, my sound system-
Thorens TD165 Turntable w/ Shure V-III Cartridge
Marantz 2230 Receiver
Pair of 4-way Pioneer Speakers with 12 inch subs