Plastic.

Where do you guys get most of your vinyl at? It's something I've gotten into only recently (partly because of seeing how cool some of these collections here are). I found two great used record stores here in the Twin Cities, but I'm wondering if there are also some good online outlets that are worth checking out.

HatePlau said:
Godspeed You! Black Emperor- Slow Riot For Zero Kanadu
" " " - Yanqui U.X.O.
" " " - Lift Your Skinny Fists...
" " " - F#A#(infinity)

A record shop near me has all of the GYBE vinyl collection. I don't own a record player (Yet!), but I considered just getting F#A# oo and LYSF because they're incredible and bad ass albums!:cool:

Where do you guys get most of your vinyl at? It's something I've gotten into only recently (partly because of seeing how cool some of these collections here are). I found two great used record stores here in the Twin Cities, but I'm wondering if there are also some good online outlets that are worth checking out.

ebay. Really. I got most on ebay, or at Soundgarden in Syracuse, or Books & Memories in Syracuse. A couple in Philly, a couple in Kingston NY. Some from The End Records.

Meedley, do you have a half price books around you? Back in Pittsburgh there was one that carried a shit load of vinyl. Dirt cheap as well.

A record shop near me has all of the GYBE vinyl collection. I don't own a record player (Yet!), but I considered just getting F#A# oo and LYSF because they're incredible and bad ass albums!:cool:

Yep! They are a great band, and the vinyls are very cool. They all have little inserts and the F#A# vinyl has a flattened Canadian penny inside (if its the first pressing, which most of them are I think).

Meedleyx10 said:
Where do you guys get most of your vinyl at?

As was said before, check out eBay. Most of the out of print and collectible stuff is up there. Also look on the merch pages for the record labels themselves. Not sure what kind of music you are into (besides the obvious) but The Omega Order and Southern Lord have good vinyl selection to buy from.

Yeah, I have no shame. Liking music and being ashamed of what other people think basically makes a person insecure.

:lol: yea I became very insecure the few occasions I felt I might almost understand disco but that was internal, cause everyone else was diggin it at the time, The Cars couldnt have come a second too late.

Speaking of Kenny Rogers, have you heard the song "just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in" ? great song IMO. Its from when he was a hippie rocker, the band was The First Edition, Im wondering what the entire album was like.

Recently bought vinyl:

Orphaned Land - Mabool (Clear LP)
Orphaned Land - Ararat (Ltd. Ed.)
Pink Floyd - Division Bell (Picture Disc)
Oceansize - Everyone Into Position
Led Zeppelin - In Through The Out Door (this now brings our copies of the different cover art up to 3.)

Bidding on: Rush - Roll The Bones

I own 0 records, and possibly a few tapes... but I have no idea where they are, and they aren't of albums I'd listen to. I've also never bought a tape, I've just obtained them randomly, and I've never bought a record. :cool:

There you go, Ken, at least you're not the only one posting... lol. I tried my best.

Just so you won’t be lonely on this thread… : )

First box has:

Gogmgog – (EP project with Paul DiAnno, Neil Murray, Jannic Gers, Clive Burr, & Pete Willis)

Joe Satriani - Silver Surfin’ – 88 San Diego Bootleg LP

45 Grave – Sleep In Safety and the Party Time single

Motorhead – Shine single (with Brian Robertson on guitar)

AC/DC singles – Nervous Shakedown, Let’s Get It Up, & For Those About To
Rock. All have extra live stuff

Metallica – Harvester of Sorrow single with Breadfan & The Prince as B-Sides

Ozzy – Mr Crowley single – Jet records (original?) release w/ You Said It All & Suicide Solution b-side

Metallica – Enter Sandman single

Dio – Rainbow In The Dark single with live Donnington versions of Stand Up & Shout & Straight Through The Heart

Dio – Mystery single with Eat Your Heart Out & Don’t Talk To Strangers both live, as b-sides

Dio – Holy Diver single – Evil Eyes & Don’t Talk To Strangers as b-sides

Tygers of Pan Tang – Don’t Stop By single w/Slave To Freedom & Raised On Rock live tracks as b-sides

The Wild Life Soundtrack – Only bought it for Eddie Van Halen’s Donut City track

Blackfoot – Siogo

Steve Vai – Flex-Able Leftovers 7” EP Uritania Records, iirc

Yngwie – May The Rising Force Be With You – Live boot of a radio performance from Milwaukee 1985

Hellanbach – Now Hear This & The Big “H” – Had Van Halen stuck with the first album’s sound, they would be Hellanbach. Now Here This is AWESOME!!

Iron Maiden singles - Running Free single w/Sanctuary & Murders In The Rue Morgue from LAD, 2 Minutes To Midnight picture disc with Rainbow’s gold, and Mission from ‘Arry, The Number of the Beast, Flight of Icarus, Run to the Hills, Women In Uniform & Invasion w/a live at the Marquee version of Phantom of the Opera, Stranger In A Strange Land w/That Girl & Juanita as B-sides

Riot – Born In America

WASP – Blind In Texas single

ZZ Top – Afterburner

The Moving Sidewalks – 99th Floor – Pre ZZ Top Hill & Gibbons – VERY Psychadelic…

LOTS more to come.....Pics track listings available on request :)

Round 2:

Pat Travers - Hot Shot

Pat Travers - Black Pearl

CJSS - World Gone Mad (David Chastain project)

Jack Starr - Out of the Darkness

Electric Sun (Uli John Roth) - Fire Wind

Hear N' Aid - Stars single

Motorhead/Girlschool - 7" St. Valentines Day Massacre

Queensryche - EP

Def Leppard - Bringing On The Heartbreak single

Jack Starr's Burning Starr - Rock The American Way

The Dregs - Unsung Heroes

Mr. Big - To Be With You single - Bought for the kickass live b-sides

Ozzy - The Other Side Of Ozzy Osbourne - JPN import chock full of rarities, Jake era, IIRC

Iron Maiden - The Entire Population of Hackney - Infamous unannounced secret gig that had just the band minus Bruce, ecept for the last couple tunes

AC/DC - Touch Too Much single - B-sides of Live Wire & Shot Down In flames

Steve Vai - An Evening of Indulgent Guitar Music - Live at the Spirit Club in '85 + demos/unreleased

Metal Church - Headbanger Batallions - The Dark era boot....

Van Halen - Japan - Recorded in Santa Monica, IIRC! :lol: - KILLER soundboard of a "just before the debut record release" show.

Blues Explosion - Pre-debut SRV track, IIRC, from 1982

Max Webster - Battle Scar - Radio promo single

Motorhead - Killed By Death single

WASP - Animal(F**K Like a Beast) single - Buzz saw cod piece cover on pink vinyl

Raven - Break The Chain single - with Udo from Accept

Anthrax - Anti-Social single - b-side of covers by Kiss (Parasite) & another Trust tune (Le Sects)

Albert - Jarvingen Band - Countdown single with Lemmy on vocals

Anthrax - I'm The Man - Bought STRICTLY for the b-side cover of Sabbath

Bloody Sabbath - IMO, ANthrax was already rolling downhill at this point

Motorhead - S/T single - Has ZZ Top cover of Beer Drinkers & Hell Raisers,

On Parole, Instro, & I'm Your Witch Doctor

Scorpions - World Wide Live double album

Live & Heavy - Compilation of live stuff from Deep Purple, Nazereth,

Motorhead, Def Leppard, Rainbow, Staus Quo, Whitesnale, UFO, Gillan, & Sabbath

Frank Zappa vinyl for: Joes Garage Act I, Joes Garage Acts II & III, You Are What You Is, & The Man From Utopia (Digitally Remastered version)

That's all for tonight! More tomorrow if I have time!