Playing MOONSHIELD at school

Nov 28, 2002
San Fransisco, CA
Visit site
Me and some friends are going to be playing some In Flames songs live at school next week. We just got Moonshield down, and the other two songs will probably be Artifacts of the Black Rain and Dead God in Me. It's going to be so damn fun playing metal at school. I think we will scare/amaze everyone. Ill post the video after we play.

i think we might be playing BLINDED BY FEAR (atg of course) too. We only have like a week to learn all this stuff (well i know it all but the others do not) so im picking relatively easy to learn tracks. Blinded by Fear would fucking kill everyone

We played Artifacts of the Black Rain at my school, good times. Don't flatter yourself though- a million people won't even give the melody a chance. If you aren't going to use good amps (like we didn't) than its going to sound like crap probably if you're tuned to C. A ton of people said that it sucked and sounded like blasting for 4 minutes. But hey, who knows, you picked awesome songs and I hope it works well for you. I want to see the video!

Yeah, i forgot to say that sometimes the songs come out a lot clearer and well presented if you tune to like E or D, or even C#

I think Moonshield is best or atleast one of the best tracks of IF! The other two you mentioned are also great. Sweet song choises i think i would have chosen extadly the same songs.

Episode 666-one of the best live songs and you should definately play it! Also i recomend Jotun, The Jester Race, Swim.
Don't plaything from R2R or STYE though...or you should be shot.

Most awesome In Flames song ever = Behind Space
Play that one!

A friend and I are currently trying to figure it out in standard tuning, because we are lazy fucks and don't want to tune it to C

Ugh.. thats going to be fucking hell to play my friend, with all of the open strings. Gothenburg isn't meant for that in my opinion. You're better off playing the C version in standard. It still sounds quite nice.

we would chose some of the songs you guys listed (like goliaths, jotun, swim) but again, we only have about a week to practice and the other guys really don't know any in flames so it would be hard to get all those down. We still dont know the exact songs were playing besides Moonshield, and most likely Dead God in Me. We might play a Hopesfall song too actually because they want to.