Playing the Keyboard in concert

EternalMetal

Mar 31, 2004
I heard a lot of people talk about Janne and how at the concert he seems pissed to be their and keeps his arms folded and when he plays only plays with one hand while drinking a beer. Does he really care about the concert, or does he not give a shit?

Just curious because i was looking forward to seeing him live, and i hope he doesnt suck.

Uh, he won't suck that is for sure....And I am sure he loves to perform, but sometimes on the road--after binge drinking for like 15 days straight--that can make any guy look tired, or pissed off, etc...But I am pretty sure that does not mean he doesn't want to be there, or dislikes what he does--maybe just a bit hungover and tired, ya know? Anyway, I am sure you will have a great time at the show!

Come on man, imagine partying like a rock star, and living like they do for months on end...then see how many days you can feel and look super all the time!

When I saw them last November, I was literally right in front of Janne and he did mainly play with one hand (probably cuz that is what the songs called for so it aint a big deal) and drink beer, but he did't act all pissed, he made some goofy ass angry mad faces at me, but I think he was just fuckin around or trying to look like a badass, but what do you expect him to do. He seems like a mello dude he kind just chills on stage. He never seemed like one who would rock out on stage like Alexi or Henka

Tut Ankh Amon said:
well, keyboard players usually solo with only 1 hand, maybe the beer is half drinking something/half showing off :p

Whether he's showing off or not... I think he looks good doing it! :p

-Valgar said:
Does anyone know what keyboard Janne plays on during the tour?

I'd have thought he uses at least 2 on stage. I'd guess at a Korg (possibly Triton) being at least one of them.

And if you're playing keyboards, and you only need one hand to play a certain bit, why not use the other hand to hold a beer. I do, and there's usually a cigarette hanging out of my mouth as well.

anybody know why janne has some of his keys black (not the ones that are supposed to be black, the keys that are normally white)

fivemagics77 said:
anybody know why janne has some of his keys black (not the ones that are supposed to be black, the keys that are normally white)

I think those are the broken keys... I think he said that he taped them black so he knows not to use those ones.

I just saw him live last night, and i think it was all a mistake. It seemed like his part of the show to look laid back with a beer in his hand. He kicked ass and so did the rest of the band :)

No, he didn't. There's really no point to bring something like that overseas for a 45 minute set every night for a couple of months. I'm hoping he'll bring it with him when they headline here.

~metal_maiden~ said:
No, he didn't. There's really no point to bring something like that overseas for a 45 minute set every night for a couple of months. I'm hoping he'll bring it with him when they headline here.

Thanks, yeah, Bodom headlining would be incredible!