Please check out my EP! (Sneapster guest solos + re-amp)

Wait, you low-pass the bass at 200?? Damn dude, you're cutting all the grit and grind out from it!

And Ermz, damn dude, didn't realize you did all that, thanks a ton, and it sounded great of course! :headbang:

My pleasure man. I was afraid when I sent you the raw Sansamp export and you weren't too thrilled. The truth is with Bass guitar, it usually just sounds like shit until you throw the kitchen sink at it. The raw out of the PSA-1 in particular just sounds horrid until you annihilate it.

Agreed on the low-passing at 200. That's just insanity!

I think the bass is still a bit low. ;) I remember you posting a WIP-version of Abaddon where the bass was much more in your face, especially noticeable at the beginning (almost sounded like Hatebreed :lol:) and I really liked that.

Yes, some of that drum programming is a bit unconventional, but I don't think it makes or breaks the overall impression, since it's so riff and melody driven. It's a bit like the latest Megadeth... but with better songs. :lol:

It's cool to hear something like this on this board. No pseudo-tech, djent, xyz-core... and a singer who has some balls!

And :lol: at the end of Architect! The 'verb of doom!

^^ THIS

Cool stuff Marcus !

It's good to hear the "final products" from Sneap forumers, and not only "tone test clips" or "Holy Diver reamps" and that kind of stuff :)
I'd love to reach that same level of completion for my own music (finished songwriting / recording / mixing) and ready to be listened to, but for now it's just "work-in-progress city" for me :)

^^ THIS

Cool stuff Marcus !

It's good to hear the "final products" from Sneap forumers, and not only "tone test clips" or "Holy Diver reamps" and that kind of stuff :)
I'd love to reach that same level of completion for my own music (finished songwriting / recording / mixing) and ready to be listened to, but for now it's just "work-in-progress city" for me :)

Thanks dude! And yeah, all the tone tests definitely served their purpose, but I too was glad to be able to share something more substantial :D

I´m also sick of my goddamn tone tests :lol: Now it´s time to record the third Machines & Madness track (the last one I´ve rejected). I planned to give You, Keregioz and Lasse Lammert some space for lead solos for the new track btw!

Thanks dude! And yeah, all the tone tests definitely served their purpose, but I too was glad to be able to share something more substantial :D

I´m also sick of my goddamn tone tests :lol:

Hehe same for me here but i guess those tone tests are necessary evil :) It's just that it's difficult to not fall in the "tone testing for a lifetime and not writing/playing/recording real music meanwhile" trap.

So i listened to the ep once more, and it's really good.

I have a couple of remarks though (most have been mentioned by other Sneapsters already) :

* the mix could use a little more bass (the instrument), but then again maybe it would screw up the whole mix clarity and the kick boom

* i can definitely hear that you dig KsE and Opeth through your songs (and also guitar tone (a tad Killswitch-ish))

* you sure can play guitar and do cool guitar solos (i mean you didn't get drenched in production only and you've been able to keep up with guitar playing which is cool)

* the vocals could use more diversity in the way they're delivered (flow), and are maybe too all over the place (at some parts i think the music could benefit from no vocals to let things breathe a bit more and make the vocals more noticeable when they come back)

* the song themselves could have used a little more diversity... i mean it's mainly mid-paced heavy thrashy death metal, i could have used some faster parts and some slower parts here and there, but then again, only if it feels right (i hate it when bands throw phoney superfast parts or sludgy breakdowns just for the sake of having tempo/pace changes in their songs). But then again it's only 4 songs, not an entire album, so it's harder to tell.

* as Jeff (IIRR) said, there's some parts where there's like no cymbals/HH/ride playing and only kick/snare/tom which is weird. Most of the time the drums are ok but there's a couple of parts where some more programming could have make them better and more human/real-sounding

Otherwise for a DIY ep it's totally killer.

Hehe same for me here but i guess those tone tests are necessary evil :) It's just that it's difficult to not fall in the "tone testing for a lifetime and not writing/playing/recording real music meanwhile" trap.

I agree, dude! This is necessary evil. After some of those unbeloved tone tests, I finally found the sound for the next songs. Means..NO sound tests in the coming months..*Yipeeey* :kickass:

Architect of Fate should have a part two called Interior Designer of Destruction. The songs lyrics should be about a flamboyant Don Johnson look alike that commits genocide and picks out simply smashing drabs and dollies.

On a slightly more serious note, I thought you sold your Dual Rec Marcus. Did you amp your guitars before you sold it or do you have a Dual Rec again. It is not listed in your signature.

Hahahaha, I'll be sure to pass the recommendation along dude :lol: And yeah, still Rec-less sadly, I re-amped the guitar parts this past summer right before I boxed it up to go to its new home in France!

Finally got around to checking this out properly. For some reason none of the songs grab me very largely in the begining, but by the time I get to the end of them I'm rocking out my air kicks pretty hard haha. I think more listens are in order for these growers.

I quite like the nods to In Flames at times :lol: The vocals sound pretty sick too. Think I need to have this on a CD for my car now.