Please Help Us In Welcoming.....

Dave - Power of Omens

some guitar player
Aug 13, 2002
Dallas, TX USA
powerofomens.com
Power of Omens' latest addition to the family...

Derron Bell!!!!!

Derron comes to us from Dallas, TX and will be the band's new drummer.

His audition video really had a big impact on us.... especially after knowing it only took him 4 hours to learn 2 of our songs...I've added 2 small clips on this page from the video Derron sent us:

http://www.powerofomens.com/Derron.htm

We will have his Bio & new E-mail address up as soon as we can. His chops, knowledge, flexabilty, and ability to learn quickly were the biggest factors in his addition to the band. We will begin work on new material with him within the weeks to come.

Please help us in making Derron feel welcomed and at home!!!!

All the Best,
~Dave & Chris

Derron,

Welcome to the PofO family (PofO and forum)! :) So you use a traditional grip (video)? What other drummers do you like? Please tell us about your current kit. What inspired your application to PofO? Thoughts on Alex's parts at this point. A list a fav. drummers? Oh, please join Dave, Chris and Tank and I for some bier and BBQ! Welcome bro!!

Lastly, just by chance, did you go to OSU?? Great Drum corp.

OMs (I was going to drop the OMs)

Dave :cool:

Welcome to the band Darron. You sound like a really talented drummer, and I look forward to what you will bring to Power Of Omens!

@Dave, way to go, great pick. Thanks for keeping us in the loop. I hope all goes well with him.

Just wanted to WELCOME YOU DERRON to the band! :Spin: I can't wait to see what you have in store for the writing process! Congrats to Dave & Chris for making a great choice! Best of luck to you ALL!

:wave: angela

Damn. That's all I can say. Derron, you kick ass as a drummer. I even showed the video to my friend Jonah from Pyramaze (keys) who even says you rule. Welcome to Power of Omens man!

Ben

Hello everyone!

Thanks for all the welcoming words! I feel very honored to be a part of this group (and a little overwhelmed). I hope I can live up to what's been there before me!

OMDave--i'm swamped like you wouldn't believe, but i WILL try to get to your questions! and yes, i'll join you all for the afore-mentioned victuals! (and yes, i did go to OSU)

derron

ps--don't worry--Dave is cracking the whip already! oh geez, what did i get myself into??

Not to scoop or embarrass...

Most of you know OSU has a great football tradition...right?? :D For now, I going to assume you do know! :loco: He Hee I'd thought you should also know that OSU has the best marching band and drum corp. in the US and our new PofO bro, Derron is from this great OSU drumming tradition! Please hear these powerful OSU samples of THE BEST DRUM CORP in college in action!!
http://percussion.okstate.edu/Pages/pastyears/1993.html

FYI: Once saw Derron's videos and had this OSU realization, I knew Derron would be perfect for PofO's future!

Go Bucks!!

Dave

Cincinnati, OH. (Bengals - Big win over the KC Chiefs!)

OmDave said:
Derron,

Welcome to the PofO family (PofO and forum)! :) So you use a traditional grip (video)? What other drummers do you like? Please tell us about your current kit. What inspired your application to PofO? Thoughts on Alex's parts at this point. A list a fav. drummers? Oh, please join Dave, Chris and Tank and I for some bier and BBQ! Welcome bro!!

Lastly, just by chance, did you go to OSU?? Great Drum corp.

1.I do not typically use traditional on drumset, unless I'm playing jazz or lighter stuff and then I only incorporate it now and then. On a marching drum, of course, different story.

2/3.Check out the bio coming soon!

4.I must admit that my first email to Dave was one of those "let's just put it out there and see what happens" kinds of things. However, I have always wanted to be a part of a unique, complex, challenging band that wasn't afraid of venturing into extremely creative concepts. I think I found it! Moving the band to Dallas put it into the right place at the right time for me.

5.What needs to be said about Alex's music? Heh heh...way original, obviously challenging. Transcribing and learning his stuff has definitely changed my perspective and added loads of creative ideas to my own method of approach. I will owe a lot to Alex in the future writing process.

Oh, and just to be clear, I noticed you're from Ohio and a Buckeye...but I went to "OSU South" --- Oklahoma State! Go Cowboys!!!!

Welcome to the fold!

Saw your videos, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't impressed, haha.

And I'm not even going to try to fathom how you transcribed/learned some of Alex's lines so fast :)

Can't wait to start hearing some of your contributions... good luck with the band!! :headbang:

WWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ALLRIGHT!!!!!!!! Now were're talkin'! Congradulations Derron! Your playing is
gonna compliment Dave and Chris' chops to a TEE! Glad to see the puzzle
almost complete. My mouth hit the floor after what i saw.....scarry
Now i'm bringing 2 kegs....OMDave u got that pit ready?!

Tank
:OMG:

:DHa Ha Ha!:) It pays to wait for the offical bio. HE HE!! Derron, I am just glad that you are well grounded music theory and now in PofO!!! OSU - I should have know better!!

OOOO Yes! The BBQ Pit! I will actually bring a smoker and a HOT sauce that is at LEAST as HOT as Derron's audition and the PofO CDs!!:D

Cheers!!