A bit of Bad News...

Dave - Power of Omens

some guitar player
Aug 13, 2002
Dallas, TX USA
powerofomens.com
You know... I'm really starting to think that we're the Def Leppards of Prog Metal...

We can never seems to get by without bad luck on our side. Well... as many of you know we went through a band reformation last Fall... then earlier this year Derron broke his hand... then Herring has had to deal with some health issues regarding his back and shoulder...

The new Cd had been coming along...slowly, but coming along... now it seems things are gonna be a bit delayed again... it seems that it's my turn. :erk:
This weekend, a finger on my fretting hand was broken... so unfortunately, picking up the guitar is near impossible... and extremely painful to even attemp it. :yell: There's not much I can do at the moment but continue to wear my splint and allow it to heal on it's own.

For those of you who haved e-mailed me in the past couple of days, please bare with me, as I'm reduced to only typing with one hand now... so replying is taking a little longer than usual.

Once things get back to normal, I will update everyone on the status of the new CD... and HOPEFULLY have something to show you. ;)

~D

ahhhhh man sorry to hear that! i hope heals soon. hows the DT DVD? i pre-ordered mine and it hasnt came yet. have u listened to the commentary? i guess now u have more time to relax and not take some (much needed?) time off and chill a bit... Anchorman is pretty good if you havent already seen it. the Jazz Flute scene is by far the funniest thing i've seen in a while. the rest of the movie is alright. cant wait to hear the new stuff, and once again get better soon.

*refrains from a 'typing with one hand' joke cuz you know I went through the same thing & it's just not funny when you're in pain*
Take care of yourself & get that hand healed, Querido..don't push it too soon or you may damage it permanently.

nice. i just got it earlier today. i've already watched it all without the commentary. pretty good stuff! Derek Sherinian dancing around the studio cracks me up. i'll check out the commentary 2morrow prolly. get better soon!

Prog Maiden said:
Ouch! Sorry to hear that Dave. Broken fingers are no fun. I hope you heal quickly! I'm sure the new cd will be worth the wait. :)
It's definitely no fun... :erk:
..but it's starting to feel a bit better... still hurts, but my finger's actually starting to feel a bit numb now... of course the occasional bump here and there doesn't help... but I'm starting to manage the pain and discomfort better.

~D

Dave,

I am so sorry to hear that. I am also recovering from something at the moment: Nasal Surgery. I just had it on Monday and holy crap is it painful. I am on some AWESOME pain pills though, so I am actually very dizzy as I write this. I hope you get well soon. And to comment on what you said, PoO is NOT the Def Leppard of Prog Metal. Power of Omens is Power of Omens: one of the few REAL Prog Metal acts around...and one of the few that actually writes music from the heart. No comparisons are allowed here anyway. We're all fans and we're all behind the band 100%. We'll wait as long as it takes for the new stuff to come out.

säki

i just had my 2 lower wisdom teeth removed a little more than a week ago. a few days on the couch watching the rereleased DT DVDs and of course the PofO DVD (its so good once i saw a good copy of it, thanks again Dave) is ur finger feeling any better?

edit: the house with 100 windows is still a good song, but it takes a complete moron to not pick up on the Ytse Jam *influence*

hey P of O,

sorry i havent dropped in in a while, ive been busy with school and g/f and stuff.o_O
i see a lot of bad things have happened to you guys, sorry to hear:cry:
hope you guys get a lot better very soon, and start making some music :headbang:

saki said:
Dave,

I am so sorry to hear that. I am also recovering from something at the moment: Nasal Surgery. I just had it on Monday and holy crap is it painful. I am on some AWESOME pain pills though, so I am actually very dizzy as I write this. I hope you get well soon. And to comment on what you said, PoO is NOT the Def Leppard of Prog Metal. Power of Omens is Power of Omens: one of the few REAL Prog Metal acts around...and one of the few that actually writes music from the heart. No comparisons are allowed here anyway. We're all fans and we're all behind the band 100%. We'll wait as long as it takes for the new stuff to come out.

säki
v01c354nd51gn5 said:
i just had my 2 lower wisdom teeth removed a little more than a week ago. a few days on the couch watching the rereleased DT DVDs and of course the PofO DVD (its so good once i saw a good copy of it, thanks again Dave) is ur finger feeling any better?

edit: the house with 100 windows is still a good song, but it takes a complete moron to not pick up on the Ytse Jam *influence*
Theater of Omens said:
hey P of O,

sorry i havent dropped in in a while, ive been busy with school and g/f and stuff.o_O
i see a lot of bad things have happened to you guys, sorry to hear:cry:
hope you guys get a lot better very soon, and start making some music :headbang:
Thanks guys!!!! For all of your well wishes and concerns... I am doing much much better, as I've been able to pick up the guitar again and slowly but surely start playing again... it's still a little rough, as I still feel some pain in my finger every now and then, but I'm extremely determined to be back to 100% before long. :headbang:

Sorry for not posting sooner... things have been a bit crazy for me these last several weeks. :D

~D