Please post all US Tour October-November 2006 reviews/setlists/picture links HERE

Squeak

Photo Mistress
First, here is the setlist from Orangevale and Oakland:

Fractured Millenium
Adjusting the Sun
Eraser
Osculum Obscenum
Roswell 47
Warpath
Final Chapter

Let the Knife Do the Talking (played at Oakland only)

So the first thing I ought to tell you is that you guys are lucky that they even played these first two gigs, and tonight in Santa Ana as well. They flew in on Thursday (the day of the Orangevale gig) without having a tour bus to travel in nor any gear other than their basses, guitars and some cables to play with, since everything went haywire with the plans for the Suffocation/Hypocrisy tour bus. Decapitated's tour manager/driver/merch guy was INCREDIBLY cool and went to pick them up at the airport (WAAAY out of his way to do that, but he did it anyway to help) and Decap are sharing their RV, backline and drum set with Hypocrisy so that they could play. Plus they are being "roadies" for them to help them out as well. the drum set they have right now, until the Los Angeles gigs, is actually Abysmal Dawn's drum set from the tour Decapitated was just on. Abysmal Dawn were nice enough to let the guys borrow the drums when they saw they'd be drumless otherwise. So to say the least, the situation is/was quite crazy since everyone had to use what they could work with and that's it.

There were quite a few pissed off people at both shows because Suffocation wasn't there, but when I explained their situation in a way that these people could understand it, they were not quite as pissed. Decapitated's set was crushing both nights and they even seemed to be MORE possessed at the Oakland show. Not bad for a band that's been on tour constantly in the states since I think the end of August! You'd think they'd be bored by now, but they always give it their all and the fans realize that. I had several people at the Oakland show say that was the best Decap show they've seen so far.

Hypocrisy also seemed very determined both nights. Not only do they have issues galore to deal with, but they also have the debut of Klas from Darkane, who is helping out on guitar for this tour as Holma quit last month. Let me just tell you, as much as I love Holma, Klas fits absolutely PERFECTLY with Hypocrisy. He is a VERY talented guitarist and is quite interactive with the fans and the band while he plays, which gives Hypocrisy a whole new vibe on stage and that's a very good vibe to have. For me it's hard to believe that these guys only practiced with Klas on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday and then Thursday and Friday were is first two shows with them. You'd think he's been with the band for months by the way it sounds and looks! Michael was very intense with his bass playing and Horgh did very very well, especially considering the lack of some of the drum gear he is used to having! Peter, to me, seemed to sing particularly well at both of these gigs. It may be because these are the first two shows, but whatever the case, his vocals were VERY strong and the delivery quite powerful this time around. I was REALLY happy that they put Let the Knife Do the Talking into the set for Oakland because that is actually my new favourite song (yah, it actually surpasses my original favourite! wow lol). I don't know if they threw that into the set because I kept asking all day both days if they'd play it, but for whatever reason they decided, it was a good ending for the Oakland show.

So there you have it in a nutshell. If you guys have any questions, ask me and I'll try to answer them. :) OH!!!! I also took a ZILLION photos which I hope to post very soon on my site. I'll let you know when they are up if you like.

thanks for that kick ass review Squeak!
i hope we get Let the Knife to the Talking here in So.Cal. tonight and tommorow! I'm very eager to see what Klas is like on stage with Hypocrisy :)

Sad to see that Compulsive Psychosis isn't on the setlist. Did they at least have their merch with them? i know they have a new sick fucking design for this tour so i hope they have it.

Venenum Veritas said:
thanks for that kick ass review Squeak!
i hope we get Let the Knife to the Talking here in So.Cal. tonight and tommorow! I'm very eager to see what Klas is like on stage with Hypocrisy :)

Sad to see that Compulsive Psychosis isn't on the setlist. Did they at least have their merch with them? i know they have a new sick fucking design for this tour so i hope they have it.

I'm sad to see no Fire in the Sky.

And I'm curious about merch as well. If anyone picks up some of their shirts during the tour, please post them.

they should be selling a Compulsive Psychosis (charcoal) shirt
and one cool ornamental design that incorparates part of the old logo into it. That's the one i want! :)

and i've seen them play Fire in the sky a couple of times already so no biggy for me ;)

At what time in the night did Hypocrisy play?

I'm going to try and see them up in Montreal where they'll also have Goatwhore (besides the Decapitated, Suffocation, and Fear Factory) and the problem is I will have to leave early and I am concerned that they might play late in the night just because there's so many bands on the list. I don't much care missing Fear Factory, but I have to see Hypocrisy's full setlist.

Venenum Veritas said:
and i've seen them play Fire in the sky a couple of times already so no biggy for me ;)

It was the best live song I've ever heard from any band when I saw them in February, so at least I saw it once, but oh do I want it again yes.

the Santa Ana Setlist was:
Fractured Millenium
Adjusting the Sun
Eraser
Osculum Obscenum
Roswell 47
Warpath
Let the Knife do the Talking

great fucking show! Klas had a lot of energy which was really awesome. but i was hoping they could play more Virus songs. The merch were awesome too! a lot of new stuff. $25 for a shirt and $45 for a hoodie. There's a charcoal shirt, virus tour shirt, and a ornamental design tour shirt wchih is awesome. Hoodie has the logo (newer era) and some stuff about death metal in the back. =)

caedes said:
At what time in the night did Hypocrisy play?

I'm going to try and see them up in Montreal where they'll also have Goatwhore (besides the Decapitated, Suffocation, and Fear Factory) and the problem is I will have to leave early and I am concerned that they might play late in the night just because there's so many bands on the list. I don't much care missing Fear Factory, but I have to see Hypocrisy's full setlist.

hypocrisy went on around 9:30 i think.

Were any you guys that went to the shows so far Fear Factory fans? If so what did they play and was there some good merchandice from them? I'm going to the Tempe, Arizona show tomorrow and I can't wait. All the bands are going to rule!

Digimortal725 said:
Were any you guys that went to the shows so far Fear Factory fans? If so what did they play and was there some good merchandice from them? I'm going to the Tempe, Arizona show tomorrow and I can't wait. All the bands are going to rule!

not a fan. but i heard they play mostly from the old stuff souls of the new machine, demanufacture, obsolete shit. merch...all i remember was a grey old FF logo shirt. and i remember hoodies.

I'll try to get the setlist for Fear Factory for you.

As far as Decapitated goes, I am posting a review on their forum (an extended version of this one) tonight. Their setlists are at home, so I can't post them right now. I am also going to have all the photos on my site tomorrow... want to try to do a Halloween update since I love Halloween. :D

Firefest9 said:
I was hoping for a more interesting setlist than this! There is nothing there that they havent played before in the past 5 years.

True, but also keep in mind that Holma quit the band not long ago and the guys had to enlist Klas from Darkane to help so they could even DO this tour, not to mention that they only got to practice for three days before they did their first show here. Give the guy and the band a little credit for even attempting to do this tour, especially when you take that into consideration along with all the tour bus/transportation/equipment problems they have already had to deal with so far.

Hey guys, I managed to get my HUGE update on my site today (48 new galleries with about 3000 new photos, yikes) and that includes the photos I took of Hypocrisy last week. I think there were about 60-70 new Hypocrisy pics from those two shows together. If you want to check them out, go to www.photomistress.com . Keep in mind that after you get into the gallery you want to look at, there is a SLIDESHOW option at the top right. You can click on that to view each photo without having to click on each photo separately. Keep in mind that it was VERY difficult to get these shots as there is no barricade, people are totally squashing the hell out of me so I can't stand straight, the stage is tiny and lighting is almost non-existant, so they are as good as I could get under those circumstance. Hope you like them!!!