POD TONE

presets can only do so much.. like arv said.

Man, i tried Andy's preset back in the day thinking it could boost my tones to a new level, but it sounded like shit because it was made for a completely different setup/player/strings/guitar/pickups/etc.

presets can only do so much.. like arv said.

Man, i tried Andy's preset back in the day thinking it could boost my tones to a new level, but it sounded like shit because it was made for a completely different setup/player/strings/guitar/pickups/etc.
+1.. i agree.......... anything new from you Robert??

I agree wholeheartedly with your responses in regards to a tone not making your sound instantly great. However, it does save some time in giving me the semi-sound that I want, but I realize I would have to adjust my equipment and settings to get a sound that's right for my playing style, gear, etc. I realize that downloading someone elses tone won't sound the same when I use it. But it's whatever.

Probably the best advice I could give is either dig up some of Joey's threads and read those or head to sevenstring.org and download some patches there. They have a section dedicated to POD presets. You can find bulb's there and tons of others.

Thank you for the link.

I honestly had no idea that asking for others' POD tones was such an offense. As you can see, i've been a member of this community for quite some time now, reading, and learning from all of you. There are many of you that I respect, but then there are others that are just jerks that bash on others for not knowing what they know. I'm not here simply to mooch tones and then leave. This is my first POD, and I know there have already been great tones made, so I wanted to gather as many as I could find, see which ones sound decent with my rig, and then tweak them from there. Sorry if I offended anyone.

funny-pictures-orange-kitten-wants-forgiveness.jpg

Sorry to bump this, but I still can't get over how nice Kazrogs tones sound by themselves. I tried using them in a mix last night and couldn't get it sounding right at all (superior 2.0 for the drums). I tried to apply Andys C4 settings into ReaXComp for my guitar tracks (I did four tracks in total), but for some reason the guitars just ended up sounding way too trebly/scratchy. I'm using a Schecter C-7 hellraiser with EMG 707s (bridge pickup selected). I can't seem to find the sound clip that Kazrog made as I think the link is dead now. Would love to hear that.

I'm probably gonna get flamed for posting this.. Bring on the pain! :kickass:

Sorry to bump this, but I still can't get over how nice Kazrogs tones sound by themselves. I tried using them in a mix last night and couldn't get it sounding right at all (superior 2.0 for the drums). I tried to apply Andys C4 settings into ReaXComp for my guitar tracks (I did four tracks in total), but for some reason the guitars just ended up sounding way too trebly/scratchy. I'm using a Schecter C-7 hellraiser with EMG 707s (bridge pickup selected). I can't seem to find the sound clip that Kazrog made as I think the link is dead now. Would love to hear that.

I'm probably gonna get flamed for posting this.. Bring on the pain! :kickass:

Not quite sure what clips you're referring to. Do you have a clip of your recording? I know you might get flamed that it should go under the "Rate my mix" sub forum, but whatever. Maybe people can point you in the right direction on how to improve on it? I'm sure you're not the only one around here using Kazrog's tone.