Pod X3 is up on line6 now!

I hope I'm mistaken, but it sounds like the PODxt with the option of using 2 amps at once. Where's the new amp models and technology? If that's the case I'll be extremely disappointed. I thought they would at least start making strides to get into the 'real' impulse world.

Meh...

pr.gif

Precious Roy says - Buy Pod X3, suckers!!!

Doesn't look all that special.

No thanks. I can't even get rid of my XT, and I'm practically giving it away.

HOLY SHIT YES IT DOES!!!! I grant you, I was really excited for a whole new architecture of modeling, but the fact that it has SPDIF I/O AND the ability to plug in a mic and guitar simultaneously totally solves a problem that I actually started a thread about a few days ago; namely, that if I use all 8 in's on my soon-to-be-acquired Fireface, how will I do talkback/scratch guitar tracks? And now, here's my answer...just gotta unload my XT off on somebody to foot the bill for a new one.

Two independant rigs at once? That doesn't look interesting to anyone? Being able to record scratch bass and guitar tracks at the same time using one unit, sounds good to me.

Granted, it's not next gen modelling but I'm going to get one anyway.

i have given up on line 6. they need to get there fingers out of there ass holes and actually put some effort into their next product instead of repackaging old technology. although the new spider valve might be interesting.

The new Pod Pro will come out, and im sure that will be running off a different engine. Maybe someone should email line 6 to tell them that impulses might exist. Perhaps they have been too busy talking to Mr. Bogner to do anything else.

Line 6 is a publically traded company, and as such, is under obligation and market expectation to release products every quarter. A lot of what they release is product for the sake of product. Obviously they haven't released anything TRULY new in terms of the actual modeling technology since the POD XT, which is just sad. Pod X3 is basically a Vetta Pod XT with some model pack and GearBox stuff thrown in.

Hence, the Precious Roy comment. Useless shit at high prices!!

I thought they would at least start making strides to get into the 'real' impulse world.

It will take a *LONG* time before any pedals use real impulses. Real-time impulses demand a lot of processing power. It has only recently become possible on normal desktop computers, so until pedals have Pentium 4 2.5 GHz or so equivalent processors in them, we won't see real-time impulses in full quality.

Has anyone tried playing through their laptop as an impulse host or is it really that unreliable? I've never had one but plugging your guitar into revalver 2 or wagnersharp and guitarhack's impulses seems like a nice option instead of carrying tons of equipment.