Pod Farm 2.5 update: No Line6 device needed anymore!!

drawnacrol

7Slinger
Feb 15, 2007
Ireland
www.youtube.com
Line6 have updated Pod Farm so it no longer requires one of the Line6 interfaces to authorize and run. Now it uses a License Manager on your computer to store your license keys.

Their are some problems with the Line6 monkey but the update can be downloaded here:
http://line6.com/software/index.html?submit_form=set&name=POD+Farm+2

Its good to finally be able to get Pod Farm to work after 2 years of hassling their support staff about the "Device not authorized device" bug.

Updated my POD Farm 2.5 and tried it with my TonePort DI Gold unplugged... EPIC FAIL. It only functions as POD Farm Standard and not Platinum like it's supposed to. The reason behind this is super lame, basically those who got their Model Packs "factory installed" cannot use them without the hardware. For example... POD XTL users cannot use the FX Junkie Pack because it came "factory installed" and I can't use ANY Model Pack because they ALL came "factory installed".

And what's worst... POD Farm users STILL don't get access to those new FX models they released for POD XT/X3 users with the V2.0 update.

Damn you Line 6, if you're going to do something... DO IT RIGHT.

I installed this update this morning and all the models are listed just like in the VST for me. Kinda cool actually... thinking about selling my XT Pro now :lol:

Dude when I updated it fucked everything up with the cabs. It no longer recognizes any cabs so all my presets sound like dick. Anyone else having this issue?

I think this is great because I was thinking about upgrading my interface (I´m using an UX2) and I don´t like dongles. That said, I believe it was a dumb business move by Line6, because I can bet that it´s a matter of MINUTES until we see cracked versions of POD Farm on torrents. It was maybe the only hugely mainstream plugin that couldn´t be cracked.

I think this is great because I was thinking about upgrading my interface (I´m using an UX2) and I don´t like dongles. That said, I believe it was a dumb business move by Line6, because I can bet that it´s a matter of MINUTES until we see cracked versions of POD Farm on torrents. I was maybe the only hugely mainstream plugin that couldn´t be cracked.

I don't think a whole lot of people are buying Line 6 hardware just so they can use POD Farm. They basically just made it WAY more accessible, and even if that includes pirates, so be it. I'd still say it's a good move. Playing around with it now :).

"
POD Farm 2.5 Platinum Introductory Price (30 Days)
Line 6 License )
$249.00"

Woa, how much did POD Farm 2.0 cost? I can't remember any version of POD Farm being that expensive

Same vsts, different copy protection methods.

They used to offer ilok or line6 device as dongle portection. Now it is ilok or software licenser.

when I updated it fucked everything up with the cabs. It no longer recognizes any cabs so all my presets sound like dick. Anyone else having this issue?
Yes, I have exactly the same problem. Version 2.02 worked properly, but when I updated to 2.5 it brings this crappy bug with bypassed cabs.

Yeah Platinum was $200-250 IIRC when I bought it.

I got mine on sale for $150 when they did the free upgrade to Plat... So PLay was running about $250 at the time.

Plat is MUCH MUCH more robust then standard. The ability to use each piece of the FX chain separately is SOOOOOO nice. Not having to use an AMP in the chain makes it possible to use the chorus's and delays on vox or drums. Its really great. It has some killer channel strips in there too!