Pod Farm 2.5 update: No Line6 device needed anymore!!

:lol:

What else would people bother with a line 6 interface for then. Podfarm being included with interfaces is probably the primary reason people buy line 6 recording interfaces.

I have a POD X3 that I use every guitar tracking session and I don't even have Podfarm installed on my computer! I just use it for scratch tones and a tuner while also taking a DI at the same time, no amp sim/impulse latency and I'm going to reamp the guitars through a real rig later anyways so the POD tone only needs to be "good enough" ;)

Is anyone having problems installing this on a Macbook? It installs, I authorize it, and then close the authorize program, open reaper/pro tools and it says its still unauthorized? All I can run is the demo version...

what's the difference between 2 and 2.5 for someone using 2 platinum with an ilok?

cos seems like i may as well not bother really..

so due to curiousity, i downloaded the cracked mac version of podfarm. ( i own it as well) and it has some annoying bugs, but its easy to get around them and the joey patch works perfectly. so.... nice one line 6.

So... no way to get around PODFarm hogging your ASIO driver in standalone mode, so that you can't play tracks using VLC/Media Player in concert?

I never had this problem. Must be something on your audio drivers, because it´s not a POD Farm behaviour.

So do I still need to purchase an iLok license if I don't have a Line 6 interface or not? Or can I buy the hardware independent license and authorise it without an interface?

I'm trying to avoid iLok, but I want to get the cheap POD farm aha. :lol:

I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet, but don't upgrade or buy it for an iLok. The demo/trial is misleading. The full version is ridiculously buggy and completely unusable. I learned the hard way. There's quite a few threads on the Line 6 forum, with a lack of response from anyone that works there about the issues.