Pod Farm 2.5 update: No Line6 device needed anymore!!

Well, until I updated to 2.5, PODfarm 2 worked awesome, never an issue ever, mine is iLok. Now though... when I updated it the other day I didn't play through it, just checked to see if all the models were there in standalone. They were, which is cool. However, once I loaded it up in Cubase on some DI tracks I noticed something was incredibly wrong.

Here is what 2.02 sounds like: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/794136/PODfarmPREv250.mp3

And here is what 2.50 sounds like: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/794136/PODfarmPOSTv250.mp3

Same amp/cab/eq/everything. Sounds fucking horrible. So I deleted everything PODfarm off my computer, restarted, downloaded 2.02 and re-installed it. Logically, this should have fixed it and put things back the way they were. Right? Apparently not. Now 2.02 sounds like that as well. WTF. Still no official response from Line6.

That problem you have is the exact same problem I listed on the first page. The problem is that Cabs in Pod Farm no longer work. So you're playing the amp without the cab. Nice one, Line 6

Right but even with an impulse loader after podfarm, it still sounds really shitty and undergained. I do not think it is as simple as "oh, there's no cab on it." There is more to it.

I am currently caller #5 on hold with Line6 Tech Support... hopefully I can get some answers about this.

Right but even with an impulse loader after podfarm, it still sounds really shitty and undergained. I do not think it is as simple as "oh, there's no cab on it." There is more to it.

I am currently caller #5 on hold with Line6 Tech Support... hopefully I can get some answers about this.

Very curious to see what they end up saying.

So I just spent about 45 minutes on the phone with Tech Support at Line6. Unfortunately we did not find a solution, but the representative that I spoke to confirmed that the procedure that I did (deleting some specific folders/files) should have taken care of it. He also said that the GUI issue I am having is typically caused by 2.02 and 2.5 being installed at the same time. However, since I have deleted all Line6 files off the computer we cannot figure out why the GUI issue is occurring. He is forwarding it to their engineering team to see if they can figure it out, and opened a support ticket for me. *crossed fingers* The GUI issue I am having is this:

podfarm.png

and

podfarm2.png

I do get sound, but it still has the crappy sound you hear in my POSTv250 clip. I'll continue to post updates in this thread, maybe the solution they find for me will help others out as well.

For those curious to which files/folders, delete these (sorry PC users, I'm not sure what the equivalents are for you):

Macintosh HD>Library>Application Support>Line 6
user>Library>Application Support>Line 6
Macintosh HD>Library>Audio>Plugins>Components (delete all PODfarm components)
Macintosh HD>Library>Audio>Plugins>VST>Line 6

Empty trash, reinstall 2.02. As you can see it hasn't worked for me but that is the correct procedure for downgrading to previous version according to Tech Support. I believe there are probably more files that need to be deleted off of the system, maybe some cached files or something I don't know, which is why I am having the 2.5 sound issue and now the GUI issue (which should only happen if 2.0 and 2.5 are both installed according to L6 support).

Also, I wanted to post a clip of the fucked up sound with an impulse on it. As I said, I don't think it is simply that the cabinet simulation is not working in PODfarm. The patch I loaded up is identical to the PREv250 clip, and this is how it sounds with an impulse (No Cabinet selected in PF):

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/794136/PODfarmPOSTv250-Impulse.mp3

Obviously something is still horribly wrong when you compare it to:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/794136/PODfarmPREv250.mp3

Thats really weird dude, maybe its a problem with the VST version. Open up Garageband and load up the AU version of Pod Farm to see if your still getting the same bugs. The AU is working perfect for me in Garageband '11 and Logic 9 using 10.6.7.

Meant to have a band in tomorrow not anymore thanks to line 6 ...great customer support as I'm having thee exact same issues as you 006

Just tried both VST and AU in Reaper, neither one works (GUI) and the sound is still fucked up.

Rich: As soon as they tell me a way to fix it I will post it here immediately. I know that's no consolation for the paid for software that is now useless, but it's something...

I have no issues whatsoever with the Standalone or the VST's - sounds amazing and works fine with Reaper 3.76 and beta 4, Sonar X1, etc. (Windows 7 32-bit Intel dual-core 2 mhz. laptop)

It's not that I'm "hindered" by this. I paid money for the software and it is totally broken now because of that update. That is the point.

It's not that I'm "hindered" by this. I paid money for the software and it is totally broken now because of that update. That is the point.

I think his comment was aimed more at the "Well I can't have this band over tomorrow because I don't have Pod Farm.".

LINESUX YOU DID IT AGAIN!!!!

I was entertaining the thought of buying an M5 but nah...BOYCOTT!!

(Yes I'm still burned the wrong way from when their "engineering" team couldn't figure out why my Toneport was BSODing on startup, AMD USBfilter drivers that came stock with the motherboard)

Do you think it would work doing a fresh install of snow leopard and just instaling 2.0.2? Needed an excuse to clean up my hd anyway :)

It might just work doing that. Let us know if it worked, if you do it of course.