politics

saboona

May 4, 2006
Alex, Egypt
i check out this forum often but i dont really post here allot. i first found out about UM forums through the katatonia forum but then everyone turns to the Nevermore forum coz they kick ass and it's the most active forum.

i know that there are allot of people here with allot of different opinions that turns into long useless arguements. and i like how people here tend to mention everything that happens around the world with regards to music or not just to keep the forum alive and well.

now i can't help but wonder how come no one mentioned the bombing of gaza??
do you guys ignore that on purpose for some reason or does the media where you live dont show you anything?

What the fuck, everyone knows about the gaza bombings, but maybe we just don't wan't to talk about it? And anyway, what the hell is there to talk about!?

Person 1: "Heard about them bombings in the Gaza strip?"

Person 2: "Yeah"

Person 1: "Yeah it's bad isn't it"

Person 2: "Yeah"

What the fuck is your point?

dude what is your problem. i mean even if this was a pointless thread, it's not like it's the first time it ever happened. your so naive

My problem is your attitude, assuming that westerners are ignorant and don't care about the problems in the east, when maybe we just don't think it would make good conversation at the moment. I'm naive? You're the one who's come to a forum simply to accuse us of "ignoring" the problems in Gaza "on purpose".

there you go with assumptions, where does it say that i mentioned anyone being ignorant? and besides i was asking a question i wasn't accusing anyone.
anyways i'm sorry for touching such a sensitive subject

do you guys ignore that on purpose for some reason or does the media where you live dont show you anything?

There, nobody is "ignoring" anything, people not posting about it =/= people ignoring it. And of course our media are reporting on it, I don't know where this idea that the "western media don't report on the east" comes from but I hear it a lot. The BBC are actually pretty damn good at covering conflicts all over the world, if I put BBC News on now all I get is stuff about Gaza.

Making a thread simply to ask people why they aren't talking about something is ridiculous, why not just post asking people opinions on it? But then again I've already said there's not much to talk about, Israel pretty much went way overboard and have almost started a war.

Hey Egypt dude, since you came in here assuming this is a politics forum and that we discuss ANY KIND of politics,
why don't you tell us your real agenda with this thread hmmmm ?
What kind of reactions are you trying to get here?
Better yet! Why don't you tell us your opinion on the matter.

*grabs a chair*

We probably didn't speak about it because it's a normal thing these days, attacks in Gaza. Plus, Hamas deserves whatever they get coming to them anyway.

^ Hamas deserves it, but the innocent people don't... I feel bad for those who get killed in the middle of all these bombs, but then again: are these people the ones who elected
Hamas as the ruling party anyways? What a dumb move that was, Palestine!

Exactly. I don't feel sorry for a people who legitimized Hamas as a political party, when all they are are a bunch of religious zealots bordering on terrorism.

I believe 'peace' starts between people FIRST, not governments. It was a sad day when Hamas was elected in my opinion, because it showed how influential they are among the people in Palestine...
They are responsible for many terror actions that took place in Israel, bombs on buses, bombs in the street you name it...
The first thing those idiots did, was to loot Arafat's house and destroy so many things regarding the Palestinians history while burning American/Israeli flags in the streets.. idiots.

However......
I still believe that not everyone there support them or support their actions. I personally know many Palestinians here in DC/Arlington ay this hookah place I go to,
that oppose Hamas and do not like any terror group like them to rule Gaza... So there is hope... maybe. :rolleyes:

It's sad. Really.

On 31 January 1970, Russell issued a statement which condemned Israeli aggression in the Middle East and called for Israeli withdrawal from territory occupied in 1967. The statement said that:

The tragedy of the people of Palestine is that their country was "given" by a foreign power to another people for the creation of a new state. The result was that many hundreds of thousands of innocent people were made permanently homeless. With every new conflict their numbers increased. How much longer is the world willing to endure this spectacle of wanton cruelty? It is abundantly clear that the refugees have every right to the homeland from which they were driven, and the denial of this right is at the heart of the continuing conflict. No people anywhere in the world would accept being expelled en masse from their own country; how can anyone require the people of Palestine to accept a punishment which nobody else would tolerate? A permanent just settlement of the refugees in their homeland is an essential ingredient of any genuine settlement in the Middle East. We are frequently told that we must sympathise with Israel because of the suffering of the Jews in Europe at the hands of the Nazis. [...] What Israel is doing today cannot be condoned, and to invoke the horrors of the past to justify those of the present is gross hypocrisy.
—Bertrand Russell, 31 January 1970