Poll - Best song off the Varangian Way?

What do you consider the best song off The Varangian Way

• Total voters
For me it's a really tough decision between Miklagard Overture and Five Hundred and One. Even though the whole album is amazing, those 2 songs really stand out to me because of the huge amount of EPIC running through them. In the end I'm a sucker for long epic tracks, so I vote for Miklagard overture.

Even though I didn't like the female choir at the end of the song at first (didn't know the lyrics back then and I felt Nygard should have ''ended the album''), I grew to love it and... it's just so damn awesome. A great end to a solid story and an amazing album.

I really love the whole album, but I really really love To Holmgard And Beyond, A Portage To The Unknown, Cursed Be Iron, In The Court Of Jarisleif, Five Hundred And One and The Dnieper Rapids, but I think I voted for The Dnieper Rapids because I think the beginning to it is awesome :D

I have three songs that I listen to the most: A Portage to the Unknown, Fields of Gold and Five Hundred And One. It's pretty hard to choose the best but...I'll say Five Hundred And One.

What's going on? In the Court of Jarisleif and The Dnepier rapids are getting utterly pwned in the poll I see...

I still think you could have done a wicked video for 'Jarisleif' but it was a B side for 'Rasputin' instead :(

In order of preference:

1. Miklagard Overture
2. To Holmgard And Beyond
3. Dnieper Rapids/Fields Of Gold/A Portage To The Unknown/Cursed Be Iron/Five Hundred And One
8. In The Court Of Jarisleif

The number 1, 2 & 8 are pretty clear for me, but the others are too hard to put in any particular order. I think that there's no other album by anyone where all the songs fit so well within the storyline.

Miklagard Overture, any day of the week. I'm surprised at the amount of love for Cursed be Iron - it's not a bad song, but it fits in least with the rest of the album(not being part pf the journey/story).

Miklagard Overture, however, is the best song. And by that I mean out of the songs, you know, in the world.

I went with Miklargard Overture. They're all great, but this one has the little something extra. Probably just because it's longer so you get more Turisas for your buck!