Poll: How do you feel about smoking?

POLL: How do you feel about smoking?

• Yuck! I can't stand smoking./ Never smoked.

Votes: 26 34.2%
  • I don't smoke but I don't mind if someone does smoke.

Votes: 21 27.6%
  • I smoked sometimes or I smoke rarely.

Votes: 8 10.5%
  • I smoke occasionally but not on daily basis.

Votes: 11 14.5%
  • I smoke like chimney.

Votes: 10 13.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think smoking cigarettes seems awfully silly, not that it should be illegal or whatever, but I've never figured out why the fuck anyone would start outside of "peer pressue" or to "look cool"

a slight buzz seems hardly sufficient justification for the negative effects and cost, ya know?

but then I guess I think similarly of weed and alcohol, that it's just not worth the cost, though those two (having greater effects, should you like said effects) are somewhat more understandable...

FangsFirst said:
I think smoking cigarettes seems awfully silly, not that it should be illegal or whatever, but I've never figured out why the fuck anyone would start outside of "peer pressue" or to "look cool"

a slight buzz seems hardly sufficient justification for the negative effects and cost, ya know?

but then I guess I think similarly of weed and alcohol, that it's just not worth the cost, though those two (having greater effects, should you like said effects) are somewhat more understandable...

true i suppose... the reason i started out a few years ago was becasue i was always nervous and stressed....you know the saying, "butterflies in your stomach". I had that constantly...so i started to smoke and it litterally cured me....i felt so much better about myself afterwards. After i stopped being stressed and stuff i just quit and thats pretty much it. I have an occasiional smoke when im out in a bar with friends or what not .

yea, I'd be a pothead if I had my own plant and was willing to keep up with it. My ex-step-dad just recently grew a plant and I might get some from him when his gets ripe. Should help me write, hm? :p

I got hopelessly addicted to smoking because I only did it when I was drinking beer,then it became while drinking beer and playing pool,then it became doing anything with a smoke.
Now I am quitting but it's damn hard

I feel like smoking when I'm drinking, nervous, or just pissed off. But it's not a regular habit, although I don't refuse an offered cigarette. Haven't bought any myself for almost two weeks. :p

Reactions: Lolita Vampiriá
Smoking does has its benefits, among others incrementing concentration and relieving stress. And it does it in a quite considerable way.

I'm not trying to justify it, as it harms more than it does good, but I still think the whole campaign against tobacco is some fucking exaggeration. Don't people have more important things to worry about?

i am for the complete legalisation of all drugs. my feeling is, it's a person's body to do what they want with it. make it legal, tax the shit out of it, and don't make it available to minors.

however, i also believe that this reason for legalisation ends abruptly when the rights of others are violated. smoking is one of those violations, when it's done in public. second-hand smoke threatens my health, so therefore, keep the cigarette smoking to yourself, ok, mr. flavor country?

and speaking of which, what really pisses me off is moms and dads who smoke around their kids. you can't get much more dumbfuck than that. any parents smoking around their child should lose that child, and face serious fines, too.

saturnix said:
and speaking of which, what really pisses me off is moms and dads who smoke around their kids. you can't get much more dumbfuck than that. any parents smoking around their child should lose that child, and face serious fines, too.

I agree totally on this one. I saw a woman on this cruise who couldn't wait any longer to have a smoke,so she went to the smoking area(a little 5 meter place) with that cart for babies.
That was fucking bad,I just couldn't stay there knowing I was fucking up a kid so I put out my cig and walked away.
People should have more responsability if they have a baby

agreed, saturnix, agreed. I fucking HATE seeing an old couple riding down the road chugging away like a chimney with their little children in the back seat breathing it all in. It's revolting.

I was at work today and my co-worker is a heavy smoker. She walked past me today and said "why don't you smoke?" I laughed, perplexed, and asked "Why should I?" and she replied "so that I can get a cigarette from you." Which reminds me of a similar event when I was a freshman. This older kid walked up to me while I was headed to a friend's house... started talkign to me and said "I'ma get you started smoking" I politely declined and he was like "well you don't even have to smoke just buy the cigarettes and when someone asks you for one you can give 'em a cig and they'll like you." But I replied "that's buying respect.... do you think a person should really have to degrade themselves like that?" I mean, it's ridiculous the things smokers will say :loco:

I used to smoke a lot.
I quit, but once in a while I have the cravings for it. I haven't touch cigarettes for more than 3 years now.

As for other people smoking, I don't mind it, just as long it's out in the open area. Thankfully, California has strict smoking policies.

I hate how alot of non-smokers act like smokers run over their kittens repeatedly and say that all smokers are assholes, cunts, [insert insult here], etc...Well i always tell those people to fuck off and die...Its someones choice...leave them alone for christs sake!
I smoked since i was about 13 years old...around there...I quit last December for 8 months and i started doing it again...after i quit, i gained weight, i was less fun to be around and i started turning into a nerd...i didnt like my non-smoker self really...I thought to myself "this person i become is not someone id wanna hang out with...." O__o
Plus i was really craving it...