Poll: The Odyssey vs. Divine Wings of Tragedy [the song, not the album]

The Odyssey vs. Divine Wings of Tragedy [the song]

• The Odyssey

Votes: 23 57.5%
  • Divine Wings of Tragedy

Votes: 17 42.5%

• Total voters
Well, a month ago I would have said "Divine Wings, without doubt"... but now, I say "The Odyssey, by far". Odyssey catched me! It's a wonderful song, melodic, powerful.... movie soundtrack-like!!! And I love "Journey to Ithaca" and the guitar beginning of "Sirens"... that riff fu***n rules!!! And of course, "Escylla and Charbdis" (sp?), with that tremendous orchestral moment just before "Champion of Ithaca"... that moment reminds me of Howard Shore and his LOTR soundtrack...

So, my vote is for The Odyssey :D

PS: Mini-poll, inside a poll: Better "heavy" guitar beggining on The Odyssey: The Eye or Sirens. That's tough (at least for me!)!

today.. i went for divine wings.. strange for me? definately, especially after i spent endless posts defending my decision to vote for the odyssey as the best song in the last poll. but my mind changes with each day, and today i am thinking of that guitar solo in the end of divine wings that just hits me right in that special place in my heart, dunno what it is about it, but i love it..not that this poll matters to me so much because truthfully i absolutely am in awe of both songs in different ways.

Ok, TDWOT is nothing short of amazing (specially the live version), but The Odyssey has something more that I like... I don't know what is, but that makes me like Odyssey more than Divine Wings. Maybe Russell's voice, or maybe the "adventure" feeling of the song... I don't know, really, but The Odyssey is awesome, and I like it a lot.

TDWOT, on the other hand: killer intro (take that "At the Four Corners of the Earth" out... I'm talking about "In the Room of Thrones"), bombastic playing... incredible heavy part (The Prophet's cry remains as one of my favourite "songs" ever) and awesome instrumental after that... and of course, quiet and majestic outro... but for me, nothing more than an extended good song. The Odyssey, to me, is more than that.

But, if I had the chance... I would have voted for both... :D