Porcelain Heart

Does the end remind anyone of how TGC was also dragged out a big, similar chord progression too.

Either Samsara is on holiday, or those "leaks" aren't that illlegal. Since they are still up on youtube and since Mikael responded so nicely in this thread, it seems that they are not illegal leaks ...

Still only listened to them on youtube only once (don't want the GR experience again where I felt too familiar with 2 of the songs already), so can't really form a good opinion, but it does seem that this will be a grow album (once again) and I have strong suspicions that it will become my second favourite album (maybe even shared first with Deliverance) by them ...

Nice job!

What strikes me most from these two songs is that Opeth once again creates a whole new sound but still having links to the past in some certain parts of the songs

Exactly what I was saying to something this morning.

Not sure if we can discuss The Lotus Eater yet but Porcelain Heart is even more beautiful than when I first head it. It's been on fucking loop. Pity, I didn't get this in before Mike but Axe's drum bit - to me, it was supposed to leave you looking for direction, frenzied, chaotic i guess. The whole thing....beautiful *sigh*

6 more days...do you think they will play these two songs in their upcoming gigs?

the new stuff sounds like a creative explosion, this is like a whole new level for opeth... it's fucking awesome to hear that opeth are still growing as musicians and mike is still growing fast as a clean vocalist. the falsetto part with the beautiful strings gave me fucking chills and made my imagination bloom, and the new raw growling is much more brutal than before, sounds so emotional. opeths blastbeat vox crush akercockes by miles, fucking epic! and i love the new ancient kinda touch to the music, feels much more ancient than still life even, if you know what i mean. now i will erase the songs and wait for the album!
edit: one more thing, the drumfill is nice, i think axe is an awesome drummer.

I like the weird ambience at the end of lotus eater...Scott Walkers influence fo sho!

Either Samsara is on holiday, or those "leaks" aren't that illlegal. Since they are still up on youtube and since Mikael responded so nicely in this thread, it seems that they are not illegal leaks ...

I'm relatively sure that the leaks originated from the Swedish fanclub, so it's not like the songs weren't put out there...

...Nonetheless, I made this thread to discuss the upcoming single, not the two leaked tracks. Restrain yourselves, people!

There are lots of spots and pieces of The Lotus Eater that I really, really love. Like starting at about 50 seconds. It may be a "typical Opeth riff", but it's just fantastic. It makes me wanna give somebody a hug. Same with the part of the song about 6 minutes in.

Porcelain Heart is a song, I think, where everyone says "Mikael's voice gets better every album" will really have something to stand on.

Now that I myself am working with a drummer who likes to do 20-second out of time drum fills, that part really gets on my nerves too. But congratulations on the release of Porcelain Heart, it's a beautiful song that had me in tears the first time I heard it! :)

i can't decide if i like that drum part or not. i typically like offtime stuff or those kind of fills present in most of brann dailor's stuff with mastodon, but this may be like 1% over the top for me. i'll have to listen a few more times.

^ yeah seriously. this thread before mike posts: "i hate that drum part", "worst song ever" and after mike: "omg axernot is so much better than lopez", "i keep listening to that drum part over and over again, probably the best moment on the cd"