Porcupine Tree Appreciation

Stupid Dream has finally been reissued so you can scratch that off the hard to find list (LS should follow next year), got the rerelease as a birthday present and it sounds awesome. Their next album is probably my most anticipated release of 2007 right now...

I could have gotten recordings back in the day but passed it up and have been kicking myself ever since. sucha good cd

Porcupine Tree are such an amazing band. One of my favourites, for sure and I agree Wilson is a damn musical genius.

I'm surprised many are NOT mentioning Deadwing...why not? I just bought the 5.1 DTS version of deadwing for like $40 CAN and must say it was worth every dollar. Hearing this in 5.1 digital surround through my six kick-ass speakers brought a new appreciation for the album. Wilson did a phenomenal job mixing it - some of the vocals are ONLY noticeable from behind, it's just so damn impressive.

But yeah, some of my fave songs from the band are Shesmovedon, Trains, Prodigal, Arriving Somewhere, Start of Something Beautiful, Even Less, Mellotron Scratch, The Sound of Muzak, Piano Lessons and Heart Attack in a Lay By.

I was never sure what the big deal with this band was. Everything I've heard from them was just ok, nothing more. Steven Wilson's vocals are sort of annoying too, which doesn't help things.

my mother is lovely. And steven wilson is just rammed so far up his own backside. I bought him and steve and sof a drink and he was the only one not to say thank you. What a jackass.
for one why are you buying people drinks and secondly why are you buying people drinks who are in bands you don't even like?

"he thought I was cold but I understand." He's prolly just a quite guy.

for one why are you buying people drinks and secondly why are you buying people drinks who are in bands you don't even like?

"he thought I was cold but I understand." He's prolly just a quite guy.

Because, my friend 'sophie', her dad is the singer of marrillion and he got us on the guest list because him and steven wilson are buddies. So when the gig finished we all went to the pub round the corner and so i got us 4 a drink because its polite for gods sake.

Because, my friend 'sophie', her dad is the singer of marrillion and he got us on the guest list because him and steven wilson are buddies. So when the gig finished we all went to the pub round the corner and so i got us 4 a drink because its polite for gods sake.

now the question is why are you going to see bands you dont like :lol:

signify: dark matter, coma divine, wake as gun I, nine cats (acoustic)

Just got signify today and I like what steve did with 9 cats made it sound morose but I still think I like the original better, love that song. also wake as a gun is amazing.

In Absentia is overall a great album, so many memorable songs on that album...The diversity of songs and styles, the amazing production...I didnt like Deadwing at all. I hope they go back to inventing some really memorable songs.